All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
svedala

Green Card Processing

Hi Team,

1. I am currently residing in United States on H1B status. I have my H1B validation up to June 2019.  I wanted to start my Green Card processing through my EMPLOYER on EB2 category. In order to get/approve my I-140, how long does it takes?

Is there any premium processing for Labor PERM, I-140 both. If so, could you please let me know the premium processing amount?

2. I have one more option to try for a GreenCard. My sister (sibling) will become U.S. Citizen by May2018. Is there any possibility to apply my GreenCard through her? If so, How long does it takes to get my I-140 in this case?

If I apply through My EMPLOYER & also through my sister, will there be any conflict occurs?

Please suggest a better way to approach. 

Thank you.

svedala

F4 preference category is backlogged by 13 years. This is sponsorship by your sister. You will need to maintain your own status in the meantime. EB2 is currently backlogged by 9 years for Indian born applicants. I suggest that you have to give the matter considerable thought.

As you know there are 3 steps to Green card for employment based. You should start PERM (first step) right away. This will take about a year. and then do second step of I-140, which is about 3-4 months. Once it is approved you will be waiting for PD to becomes current. This can be too long but you can then keep extending your H1b unlimited.