License permit in texas rejected

harish@newyork

Hi,
I live in Texas and I have a valid H1-B(I 797 A)extension till February 15th 2020 and also I have I-94 on my H1B extended. How ever I lost my passport few years back which had my visa stamping but they are expired. I haven't been outside US for almost 4 years now. I got my new passport which is valid and not expired. I went to Texas DPS to get license. How ever I was told to have a expired/unexpired visa stamping. Since I don't have my old passport I cannot show it. 

Is that necessary? I am confused here. Even my lawyer for the company I work also told me that my passport with H1B document is good enough to show as lawful presence and identity. Does anyone have the similar experience?

Can you please help me here? Is there something that can be bought Texas DPS notice? Some immigration letter or any?
7 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Is the company lawyer not helping you? Get a traffic lawyer in your state involved and the problem is it will cost a lot of money to challenge this illegal act. Get in touch with a supervisor at that branch or try at another branch. Even Texans have to obey the law.

Company lawyer is helping me. But why is this an illegal act? Its the supervisor of the branch who is not willing to give the permit. 

Archived