DS160 questions

Venkatkumar

I need help with some of the questions filling DS160.

1) Have you made specific travel plans? Intended date of arrival and intended length of stay? - I am already in US and I have not booked return tickets. so is it ok to give approximate return dates?

2) Have you ever been in US: provide information on your last five US visits? -- Do I have to give the details of my return to US every time I traveled outside the US? (like for vacation) 

For example, If I am in US for 6 years and if I have traveled to India or any other country for vacation for few weeks, then do I have to include all the details of my return to the US?

3) Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? -- my last visa was issued in Canada but that is not my place of principal of residence, so what should be my answer: YES or NO?

4) Have you been ten-printed? I don't remembers if I gave ten prints or not

5) US point of contact: Can I give my siblings details? or can I give my employers details?

6) Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States?  I have my sibling, do I have to mention my sibling name or not needed? what is the safest thing to do? will it be problem if I say "YES" or "NO" 

7) Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? --my I140 is approved with my previous employer, what details should I provide? (should I mention the I-140 alien number?) 

Kindly help. Thankyou

1) No as you have go out of country for stamping needs and you shouldn’t plan ahead of the interview as you are unaware of its outcome 

2) you have to give all the latest 5 date of interview you had at port of entry in US airports

3) if your place of interview is different from home country , then the answer is No else yes

4) no

5) you can give ur sibling details

6) yes. You have to provide your siblings details

7) you have to mention that petition is filed by which company. Alien number might be irrelevant 

Archived