Sponsoring visitor visa for in-laws

moonlight02

Hi,

I and my husband are planning to invite my in-laws to attend my husband's graduation ceremony in May 2018. I am on H1B Visa and my husband is on F1 Visa. My husband's university location is different than where I live now. He travels back and forth to visit me. I have a few questions on how we should approach the visa process.

1) Can my husband alone write invitation letter (He will also get a letter from the university) and I sponsor visa (send all of my supporting documents like employment, tax, bank etc.)? (All funds are in my bank account)

2) What should my husband say in the invitation letter about where they live upon arrival in USA and who is sponsoring the visa? (Our plan is that they live with me for a few days and we all (me and my in-laws) travel together to attend my husband's graduation)

3) Would it be easier if both of us write invitation letter? If it is easier this way, how should we compose the letter?

4) If I sponsor the visa, what are the documents we might need to show at the time of interview to prove the relationships among us? 

If possible, can anyone provide sample invitation letter for this scenario? I would really appreciate any help with this.

No offense meant. There is no concept of sponsoring a tourist visa. They should have a very good chance of getting the visa if they are able to articulate a 2 month visit to see their daughter and the local sights irrespective of who is paying for the trip. I am ambivalent about mentioning his graduation ceremony . Keep it simple and there is no problem.

My concern is that I and my husband live in different states. Would there be a chance of Visa rejection for that reason? What should my in-laws say when the interviewer asks about my husband's studies like when he is going to graduate(does this make a difference?), how he is able to manage going to a different state for attending the classes, how they will be able to spend time with their son if he is living in different state?

Archived