Petitioner Name Change before H1-B visa interview

sm2016

Hi everyone,

My company applied for a name change this month and my last pay stub generated this month has the new company name (" ABC Tech LLC " )  listed on it, up until Dec 31 my pay stubs has " XYZ Technologies LLC ".

All my documentation ( LCA , I-129 , I-797 , Letter of Support and DS-160 ) has "  XYZ Technologies LLC " as the employer/petitioner name. My company attorney confirmed this is merely a name change and not a material change in the terms and conditions to my employment therefore no amendment is required at this point , my visa interview is early next month and would like to seek guidance for the question below.

What is your employer name ??

Should this be " XYZ technologies LLC " since all my documentation has that name or the new name " ABC Tech LLC " ??

The goal is to provide a truthful and less confusing answer to avoid a 221-G therefore please also provide explanation behind the answer.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

1 hour ago, psreepa said:

carry all the documentation provided by your employer regarding this change to prove it. There is no other way to convince the VO.

Attorney will be sending me all the relevant documentation pertaining to the name change and will also explain in the letter why an amendment is not required.

However I am not sure if I should cancel this appointment, file a new DS-160 with the new name and take a new appointment or stick with the current one as my travel is booked ??

If I keep my current visa interview and VOA asks " What is you employer name " what would be a more truthful and less confusing answer based on my current situation ??

Even if I fill a new DS-160 and enter the new name, my LCA , I-129 petition, I-797 approval notice and letter of support would still have the old name on it.

I am not sure what would be the right path to move forward therefore any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.

16 hours ago, psreepa said:

the information provided in DS-160 should be correct as of the date of filing of application. So, You write which is correct and make sure you adjust the dates or ds-160 accordingly to show the correct one.

I submitted my DS-160 on Jan 12,2018 and at the time of filing and booking the visa interview the company name was " XYZ Technologies LLC ",  name change was noticed on my pay stub that was generated on Jan 15, 2018.
Should I cancel the interview on Feb 8, file a new DS-160 with the new company name or keep the existing interview and explain the name change to the VO  stating that it occured after submitting the DS-160 application ??

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2018 at 9:30 AM, sm2016 said:

Hi everyone,

My company applied for a name change this month and my last pay stub generated this month has the new company name (" ABC Tech LLC " )  listed on it, up until Dec 31 my pay stubs has " XYZ Technologies LLC ".

All my documentation ( LCA , I-129 , I-797 , Letter of Support and DS-160 ) has "  XYZ Technologies LLC " as the employer/petitioner name. My company attorney confirmed this is merely a name change and not a material change in the terms and conditions to my employment therefore no amendment is required at this point , my visa interview is early next month and would like to seek guidance for the question below.

What is your employer name ??

Should this be " XYZ technologies LLC " since all my documentation has that name or the new name " ABC Tech LLC " ??

The goal is to provide a truthful and less confusing answer to avoid a 221-G therefore please also provide explanation behind the answer.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Same happened with my company.Name got changed and on all my documents i have previous petitioner name.Company EIN number is same so we do not need to fill ammendment.

Below are 2 questions in DS160 i wanted to confirm-

1. Company who filed petition - Which company name should i fill old one or new as i have my current I797 with old company name?
2. Name of Employer - I guess here i can fill new company name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks