Urgent help, B.Tech vs US Masters question

sri_visa

Hi friends, can some one help me answer this. My employer is not willing to file extension saying my education is different.

I have B.Tech mechanical & Masters in USA in IT. (2 year degree).. I have 10.5 years experience in IT in USA. 

Can any one help me to explain, am i eligible. my employer says my Btech degree is not IT related so he thinks questions comes.

Any insight will help me plan. Thanks in advance.

Looks like you have masters in the field you are working on. 

Keep in mind that you can still get approval for IT jobs with mech background, if your documentation is solid.  There are jobs which involves  both computers and aspects of mechanical engineering. If you are into such a job, your attorney will not have any problems to create the supporting documentation. Unfortunately there are not many jobs like that!  If your job falls in to the  normal software development category (ex : Web apps development/database administrator/SAP consultant etc), your attorney should create some solid documentation explaining how your degree in mechanical engineering is relevant for your programmer job. 

First convince your direct manager that you are adding value to the team and he should be able to convince his and everything will be taken care.

Thankyou for the reply. Yes my manager is pretty favorable to help me , but the point is i see programming, but complex work with some cms specialization. although not related to mechanical. but my company is a mechanical company overall who does creates software in cad/cam/plm/alm etc...

Archived