All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
genxic

H1b visa revoked after domestic violence arrest/detention

Hello,

I recently had an argument with my partner that went overboard and she reported me to the cops. Although she did not want to press charges, the cops arrested me. I was finger printed and later bailed myself out. The district attorney rejected my case the next day and there were no charges filed in court against me. Per CA law, since there were no accusatory proceedings against me, the arrest was deemed as detention (which I confirmed by ordering a self review of the CA DOJ Rap sheet). However earlier today I got a mail from the consulate mentioning that my visa has been revoked. I am aware of prudential revocations but thought they mostly apply to DUI/DWI related arrests? 

Can I use my detention/release letter to have them re-instate my visa or are there no provisions except appearing for the interview at the consulate again?

Can I use for drop box facility for my renewal?

That is new norm. Usually you get prudential revocations  for DUI/DWI.Your status will be intact until you cross border(THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING not legal advise). For sure,you need to visit consulate and re-stamped if you go out ,even if you have valid VISA stamp to come back at that time.By the way,can you please what is the email Id on which you received notification.Is it the one you mentioned on DS-160 last time or something else.

Edited by deep4228

On 1/19/2018 at 4:41 AM, genxic said:

Hello,

I recently had an argument with my partner that went overboard and she reported me to the cops. Although she did not want to press charges, the cops arrested me. I was finger printed and later bailed myself out. The district attorney rejected my case the next day and there were no charges filed in court against me. Per CA law, since there were no accusatory proceedings against me, the arrest was deemed as detention (which I confirmed by ordering a self review of the CA DOJ Rap sheet). However earlier today I got a mail from the consulate mentioning that my visa has been revoked. I am aware of prudential revocations but thought they mostly apply to DUI/DWI related arrests? 

Can I use my detention/release letter to have them re-instate my visa or are there no provisions except appearing for the interview at the consulate again?

Hi

Please contact me as we were in the same condition...we got visa revoke mail...so your review is required...please send a mail.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:41 AM, genxic said:

Hello,

What option did you choose? Interview at the consulate or do you have option of Drop Box?

16 hours ago, Chiya said:

Hi

Please explain the situation or give me u r mail I'd as we were in the same condition...we got visa revoke mail...so your inputs are required.