B1/B2 Visa denied at Mumbai consulate

hpatel18

Hello, 

My parents had an interview yesterday at Mumbai consulate and they got denied for visitor visa. 

I am in US for last 3 years. Currently I am on H1b and previously I was on student visa. 

They asked very few questions and my dad answered almost all the questions correctly. When officer asked for "visa letter", i think my dad got confused and he handover all the documents that he had. Officer took all the documents and checked for few mins and said, sorry we will not give you the visa  and handover their passport with one paper (why they have denied your visa). 

We will try to schedule their interview again. My dad is a farmer and his education is very less. so, it's very difficult for him when they ask the questions which he has not prepared the answer for. He had even trouble remembering my company name/ school name. They paid ~Rs. 21,000 for the interview + train + accommodation. So, they were very much disappointed but I told them to re-apply. 

Would you give any advise for next time/ interview? 

Thanks in advance. 

I do not know is a satisfactory answer to any question. Next time they should not hand over anything as almost all visas are granted without having to look in to documents . Is there anything in your background to raise questions? They may like to consult the firm of Murthy in Chennai or elsewhere for guidance. Stay away from visa "agents".

Archived