H1- B Visa Stamping Required or Not ??

sm2016

Scenario :

I had my H1-B visa stamped in 2016 from Employer A which is valid until Jan 2019.

I switched jobs and joined another employer in Oct 2017, my H1B transfer application was approved last month with I-797 approval notice received last week and need to travel to India in May 2018.

Question:

Do I need to schedule a visa appointment for a visa interview and obtain a new visa stamp for the change of employer or I can travel on my current visa stamp which is valid until 2019 and show my current I-797 at the port of Entry ?

27 minutes ago, Amar0259 said:

You don't need to go for stamping.

Thank you for the prompt response.

Do we have documented evidence on USCIS website or something mentioned in CFR that can be shown in the event CBP office thinks otherwise ? I would like to prepare for the worst case scenario and wanted to make sure there is no risk of being deported from the port of entry due to lack of visa stamp from the new employer.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Awaiting your reply

1 hour ago, sm2016 said:

Thank you for the prompt response.

Do we have documented evidence on USCIS website or something mentioned in CFR that can be shown in the event CBP office thinks otherwise ? I would like to prepare for the worst case scenario and wanted to make sure there is no risk of being deported from the port of entry due to lack of visa stamp from the new employer.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Awaiting your reply

Yes it is mentioned somewhere in the ustraveldocs FAQ.Have a look at those.

Archived