Concurrent Physician NIW and EB1 filing, while on Conrad 30 waiver

Picasso

Dear forum members,

I am a trainee physician (currently on J1) and have my Conrad 30 waiver approved for next year. My employer will be sponsoring my H1 visa and H4 visa for my spouse since I will be working in an underserved area for at least 3 years. My question is following:

1. Lets say as soon as I start my Conrad 30 job, I apply for Physician NIW and my employer is supporting my application (that I will be working in an undeserved area for 5 years). I do know that I can apply for I-140 as well EAD, AP and travel document together (if my priority dates are current).
Is it possible that after finishing my 3 years of Conrad 30 waiver, I decide to file EB1 (extraordinary scientist/researcher based) based GC application and get my GC within 6-10 months rather than waiting for another 2 years (to complete 5 years of Physician NIW) and will cancel the Physician NIW application then? 

Thank you.

Thank you for your kind reply.
I do not qualify for EB1 at this point but I am confident I will be in 2-3 years. My country of birth is Pakistan.
I guess I wanted to ask that we if I get a Physician NIW approved (to work 5 years in an underserved area with travel document and AP) but then lets say after 3 years, I decide to file for GC via another route like EB1, would it be ok to cancel/withdraw my Physician NIW application?

Thank you!

Archived