221G - FOR 2ND TIME H1B STAMPING @ HYD

HYD221(G)

My Background:
This is my second H1b stamping (First outside India in 2013). I'm currently into 5th year of H1b. Did my masters in US. I also have my I-140 approved with 2014 Priority Date. I'm working for the same employer since my graduation and currently working in EVC model.

Visa Interview Details: Nov 20 , 8:00 AM

I was the first one at the counter.

Me: Good Morning Officer

VO : So is xxx your petitioner?

Me: Yes Ma'am

VO: Did you work at your employer location anytime?

Me: Answered accordingly

VO: Were you ever benched by your employer?

Me: NO

VO: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes I do have an end client which is YYY

VO: When did you start working here?

VO: Where did you work before working for your current client?

Me: I worked for ZZZ for 2.5 years

VO: What's your current work location?

Me: Answered the State name

VO: Which City in the State?

Me: Answered the city name

VO: Do you have a Client Letter with you?

Me: Yes I do

VO: Can I see it?

Me: passed it on (She read the complete letter for a good amount of time)

VO: What's your annual salary ?

Me: Answered.

VO: What's your highest degree?

Me: Masters in Computer Sciences

VO: Where did you graduate from?

Me: Answered accordingly.

VO: I cannot approve your visa at this point of time. Further processing has to be done before a decision can be made. I'm returning your passport, but I will keep this client letter with me.

(She handed me with a 221g white slip with my case # & AP option checked)

Me: Do you have any specific time frame on this Admin Processing Ma'am?

VO: I cannot provide you any specific time frame, but will be in touch with you over the email you have provided. 

Me: Thank You Ma'am

After 3 weeks as there is no progress on client verification, my manager wrote an email to HR department to check if at all they received any call(s) or email(s) regarding my work verification. After a day HR replied back to my manager saying "Yeah we did receive some thing for him", but never disclosed when they received it.Finally Client HR team replied back to the questionnaire within 2 days on 15-Dec-2017. 

Dec 26, 2017 - First time date change for "Case Last Updated" on ceac.state.gov webiste from 20-NOV-2017

Dec 26, 2017 - Received email to submit my passport.

Dropped the passport on Dec 27 at VAC, Hyderabad

Dec 28 , 2017 - Status Date changed from 26-Dec-2017 to 28-Dec-2017 with status as AP

I've been waiting since then with no change in either date or status. I've seen lot of people mentioning that once the passport is submitted , status gets changed to ISSUED with in a day or two.  For me its been 3 Business Days already and I'm starting to get worried a bit now. 

Did any one face this kind of situation and when can I expect my case to be changed from AP to ISSUED? Will it be ISSUED at all or are there any chances of denial even after passport has been asked for submission?

Thanks in advance!!!!

20 hours ago, HYD221(G) said:

My Background:
This is my second H1b stamping (First outside India in 2013). I'm currently into 5th year of H1b. Did my masters in US. I also have my I-140 approved with 2014 Priority Date. I'm working for the same employer since my graduation and currently working in EVC model.

Visa Interview Details: Nov 20 , 8:00 AM

I was the first one at the counter.

Me: Good Morning Officer

VO : So is xxx your petitioner?

Me: Yes Ma'am

VO: Did you work at your employer location anytime?

VO: Were you ever benched by your employer?

Me: NO

VO: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes I do have an end client which is YYY

VO: When did you start working here?

VO: Where did you work before working for your current client?

Me: I worked for ZZZ for 2.5 years

VO: Do you have a Client Letter with you?

Me: Yes I do

VO: Can I see it?

Me: passed it on (She read the complete letter for a good amount of time)

VO: What's your annual salary ?

Me: Answered.

VO: What's your highest degree?

Me: Masters in Computer Sciences

VO: Where did you graduate from?

Me: Answered accordingly.

VO: I cannot approve your visa at this point of time. Further processing has to be done before a decision can be made. I'm returning your passport, but I will keep this client letter with me.

(She handed me with a 221g white slip with my case # & AP option checked)

Me: Do you have any specific time frame on this Admin Processing Ma'am?

VO: I cannot provide you any specific time frame, but will be in touch with you over the email you have provided. 

Me: Thank You Ma'am

After 3 weeks as there is no progress on client verification, my manager wrote an email to HR department to check if at all they received any call(s) or email(s) regarding my work verification. After a day HR replied back to my manager saying "Yeah we did receive some thing for him", but never disclosed when they received it.Finally Client HR team replied back to the questionnaire within 2 days on 15-Dec-2017. 

Dec 26, 2017 - First time date change for "Case Last Updated" on ceac.state.gov webiste from 20-NOV-2017

Dec 26, 2017 - Received email to submit my passport.

Dropped the passport on Dec 27 at VAC, Hyderabad

Dec 28 , 2017 - Status Date changed from 26-Dec-2017 to 28-Dec-2017 with status as AP

I've been waiting since then with no change in either date or status. I've seen lot of people mentioning that once the passport is submitted , status gets changed to ISSUED with in a day or two.  For me its been 3 Business Days already and I'm starting to get worried a bit now. 

Did any one face this kind of situation and when can I expect my case to be changed from AP to ISSUED? Will it be ISSUED at all or are there any chances of denial even after passport has been asked for submission?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I think you will get the passport stamped as they have got the information whatever they want from your client.

I hope you will see it very soon and all the best.

23 hours ago, HYD221(G) said:

I am just guessing if this has raised any flag for the officer to double check your employment.And looks like you are all set to get your passport stamped..All the best

Archived