Travel to India with I140 Approved

Hi

I have my I140 approved with a priority date of April 2015. Per recent updates and projections, my anticipated year of getting GC is 2028. My parents are old and I need to support them. Here are my questions

1. Can I go back to India and work for a different company (other than the one that sponsored me in US) until 2028 and apply for GC when date becomes current?
  2. I understand that being outside of US for more than an year will reset my clock on H1 B, however, when I want to come back to US in 2028 and apply for H1, will it be cap-exempt?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Regards

PK

1. Why would your sponsor allow you to work for some other company and allow you to join say in 2028 ? If they will let you work from India then you could consider it.

2. By that time I suspect the H1 program will not exist. I would also add that projections and all you will probably not wait that long as there may be Immigration reform specially if the GOP gets thrashed/trashed in November as it is increasingly looking likely.

1 hour ago, pontevecchio said:

1. Why would your sponsor allow you to work for some other company and allow you to join say in 2028 ? If they will let you work from India then you could consider it.

2. By that time I suspect the H1 program will not exist. I would also add that projections and all you will probably not wait that long as there may be Immigration reform specially if the GOP gets thrashed/trashed in November as it is increasingly looking likely.

1. My current sponsor is a US based company with small support team in India. If I am able to convenience my company to keep my position open until 2028, do you think it will fly? Keep in mind that there will not be any pay for taxes filed during this period.
  2. I am not sure if we have sufficient material to support non-existence of H1 program by 2028. I also hope that there would be reforms in near future that would help reduce gap. Do you know of any measures that are being discussed to address this issue?

Thanks 

Regards

PK

Archived