Travel back with H-1B

Mr.

Hello Experts,

After completion of 6 years of H-1B with a Master's Degree and an approved I-140,

1. if I leave the country and work in the home country for few years, would I be able to come back with a cap exemption or would that be considered as a new H-1B and should go through the lottery again?
  2. in case, if I don't work in home country during this period of stay there but does some business and if my current employer is willing to sponsor me again in the future for a work visa, would I be able to come back to US provided the lottery goes through (if at all)?
  3. and what are the chances of coming on B-1/B-2 during the period of staying in home country?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you have approved I-140 in EB-2 category with priority date November 22, 2008 (latest visa bulletin). Your employer MUST initiate permanent residency application. You cannot come on H1-B status. 

If priority date is not current: In order to be considered in cap- exempt, the new H1-B petition must be filed within 365 days from the date you left the US. On the 366th day, you will be under the lottery system. 

Archived