H1-H4-EAD Extension-Specialty Occupation RFE- Approval

kmnr

Posting my case details

Applied for H1B-H4-EAD extension with I-140 approval in  Nebraska Center with Level 2 wage

Working on EC model as Software Developer; Has Mech Engg degree with 13+ years’ of software Development experience.  With initial application, Client letters, SOW, PO, Education evaluation docs are submitted. Regular extension Process, no PP

July 28 - USCIS received H1-H4-EAD applications. received receipt notices in 10 days

Aug-05 - contacted USCIS for EAD receipt notice Typo errors. New service request created

Sept 23 - got email that USCIS officer will fix errors; EAD online status changed to Name updated.

Oct 02   - Attorney received RFE;( it seems USCIS ignored  all our letters)

USCIS RFE details (Specialty occupation, Employee Employer relation, Education)

1.Employer-Employee relation. Qualification, Skills to perform job. Work schedule

2.Documentary evidence that end client requires beneficiary services; End client job requirements

3.Product/services to be provided and location

4.Beneficiary Proposed duties and responsibility

5.Percentage of time devoted to each duty

6.Beneficiary education and qualification for the job

For RFE:- Client letters, PO, Education evaluation, Technical evaluation documents are submitted

Nov 28- H1B online status changed to USCIS received rfe response. Regular Process

Dec 01- Onlline status for EAD card being printed. No change in H1b and H4 online status

Dec 06- Received EAD approval copy. online status for EAD card changed to Card mailed

Dec 09- Received EAD card

Dec 11- Attorney received H1-H4 approval copies with 3-year extension; 

Till today, H1 and H4 online status did not change

14 minutes ago, shilpi89 said:

your chances of getting rejection is higher, and get ready for it. you said you have Mech Engg degree. But you have 13 years IT experience, this point your attorney should explain in detail. Good Luck.

He already mentioned that his case was approved with 3 yrs extension

21 hours ago, kmnr said:

Posting my case details

Applied for H1B-H4-EAD extension with I-140 approval in  Nebraska Center with Level 2 wage

Working on EC model as Software Developer; Has Mech Engg degree with 13+ years’ of software Development experience.  With initial application, Client letters, SOW, PO, Education evaluation docs are submitted. Regular extension Process, no PP

July 28 - USCIS received H1-H4-EAD applications. received receipt notices in 10 days

Aug-05 - contacted USCIS for EAD receipt notice Typo errors. New service request created

Sept 23 - got email that USCIS officer will fix errors; EAD online status changed to Name updated.

Oct 02   - Attorney received RFE;( it seems USCIS ignored  all our letters)

USCIS RFE details (Specialty occupation, Employee Employer relation, Education)

1.Employer-Employee relation. Qualification, Skills to perform job. Work schedule

2.Documentary evidence that end client requires beneficiary services; End client job requirements

3.Product/services to be provided and location

4.Beneficiary Proposed duties and responsibility

5.Percentage of time devoted to each duty

6.Beneficiary education and qualification for the job

For RFE:- Client letters, PO, Education evaluation, Technical evaluation documents are submitted

Nov 28- H1B online status changed to USCIS received rfe response. Regular Process

Dec 01- Onlline status for EAD card being printed. No change in H1b and H4 online status

Dec 06- Received EAD approval copy. online status for EAD card changed to Card mailed

Dec 09- Received EAD card

Dec 11- Attorney received H1-H4 approval copies with 3-year extension; 

Till today, H1 and H4 online status did not change

what is H4 approval copy?...u already received EAD approval copy on dec 6th

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you please help me with below question_

H4 EAD  I-765 Form related Question:-  For Question 22 in Form , Since we are  going to file H4 EAD and H4  both extension at same time with H1b extension. What i have to enter in this field for question 22? Since we are filling concurrently i dont have receipt number yet.

Thanks in advance.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:35 PM, kmnr said:

I got my approval after RFE. i posted my H1b extension experience so others can get some information 

Hey Kmnr,

Appreciate your post in this forum, you were one the few ones who have posted some positive news on able to clear the RFEs with "Specialty Occupation" ( along with other RFEs). Based on your post i am assuming your experience and Education evaluation helped you in addressing the concern ?

Thanks

Daya

For question 22 in i765 if we enter old approved i 797 receipt number then isnt it they will extend for only that time which i already have h4 ead. I want to file extension of h4 ead concurrently with h1b extension.  Dont have h1b receipt number so what you will enter in this situation for question 22 in i765 form. 

Thanks in advance.

i had the same doubt while filling the i765 form. My Attorney mentioned that we need to enter the existing h1b receipt number as we do not have new receipt numbers. as per attorney, when EAD is filed concurrently, uscis will be aware of this and provide ead extension based on new h1 and h4.

I entered old H1b details and new H4 and EAD has proper extensions; do not leave it blank

Thanks and all the best

Hi @kmnr, congrats on your approvals - must have be a pretty worried time period but very nice of you to share your experience here.

I am aware of education evaluation but curious to know how you and/or your employer went about "Technical evaluation". Did u guyz use a third party agency or something like that or your 13+ years experience help the justification? Could you please share if u are comfortable to? Thanks

I got similar RFE's in the past for education, work etc.  My attorney used third party for getting the Technical evaluation. My work evaluation is done for my previous experience for 5 years as it seems uscis will not consider current work letters/evaluation. Fortunately i have all the letters related to my technical work and software development

Technical evaluation

University professor did my work evaluation. I have submitted my previous company letters on my software development skills and technologies i have used and learnt over the years; these letters are not typical joining/relieving letters they are pure technical work related. Based on these letters, professor evaluated my experience, skills against computer software courses and job requirement. Current client also provided me with letters related to my software development work. i believe these letters helped me to clear the Specialty occupation

All the best..

1 hour ago, kmnr said:

I got similar RFE's in the past for education, work etc.  My attorney used third party for getting the Technical evaluation. My work evaluation is done for my previous experience for 5 years as it seems uscis will not consider current work letters/evaluation. Fortunately i have all the letters related to my technical work and software development

Technical evaluation

University professor did my work evaluation. I have submitted my previous company letters on my software development skills and technologies i have used and learnt over the years; these letters are not typical joining/relieving letters they are pure technical work related. Based on these letters, professor evaluated my experience, skills against computer software courses and job requirement. Current client also provided me with letters related to my software development work. i believe these letters helped me to clear the Specialty occupation

All the best..

That was very useful, thanks and much appreciated. I am not in need of a technical evaluation as I had recently got my extension done without any issues. But was curious to know and also it could be useful to someone else who doesn't have any knowledge about it like me. Didn't know we could try approaching a qualified university professor for something like this. Thanks.

Archived