Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can i travel out of country and get H-1B visa stamping done while H-1B amendment is pending ?

Recommended Posts

My employer filed amendment due to change in client and location which is still pending approval. Actually, received RFE for amendment earlier and it had been couple of months since RFE response submitted back to USCIS. 

I am working with the same employer, my question is - Can i travel out of country and get the visa stamping done based on H-1B approval notice received before amendment petition ? 

Suggestions are appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post

@chatm: No, you cannot travel out of USA when your amendment petition is in pending. You have to wait for amendment approval and then go out of country to attend for visa with new petition.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now