I140 approved, no visa beyond Apr2018, if i move to canada now in jan 2018, will my gc get cancelled

Hi, 
I am a indian citizen in the US for last 6+ yrs, got perm and i140 approved.My current visa expires Apr 2018, i am planning to move to canada with my same employer who will not revoke my gc but might not extend my US visa. Now 3 questions, 1) my current visa is good till apr 2018 only , so does my gc also expire after Apr , 2) if the gc doesnt expire and say after 8 yrs my date is current how do i re-enter US, 3) can i enter using a NAFTA visa from canada

11 hours ago, Vineet kalra said:

Hi, 
I am a indian citizen in the US for last 6+ yrs, got perm and i140 approved.My current visa expires Apr 2018, i am planning to move to canada with my same employer who will not revoke my gc but might not extend my US visa. Now 3 questions, 1) my current visa is good till apr 2018 only , so does my gc also expire after Apr , 2) if the gc doesnt expire and say after 8 yrs my date is current how do i re-enter US, 3) can i enter using a NAFTA visa from canada

I have a canadian pr. So 4th question will i be able to travel to US for meetings and stuff if i have a valid US visa, the reason i ask is since i am a Canadian pr and applied for US gc, do they object at the port of entry

You don't have a GC yet, so it can't expire.

You don't have to be in the US while the GC process is going on. A NAFTA visa doesn't allow immigration intent, so you can't use that.

Once you have the US GC, they don't like having multiple permanent residences, so at that point tou have to decide which one to keep.

23 hours ago, Vineet kalra said:

Hi, 

I have a canadian pr. So 4th question will i be able to travel to US for meetings and stuff if i have a valid US visa, the reason i ask is since i am a Canadian pr and applied for US gc, do they object at the port of entry.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

One question on your reply, by the time the US GC date becomes current i would have my canadian citizenship so effectively my intent then would be US GC only and i can shift to the US and stay here on the GC(being a Canadian citizen then) correct?

Archived