All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anjmoh26

Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It

Hello experts,

I had received RFE for my fresh H1B application and employer has submitted the RFE response to USCIS on 11th Dec. Now my case status is updated in USCIS web site as "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It- On December 12, 2017, we received your correspondence for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC########. We are reviewing your correspondence, and will mail you a notice if we need something from you."

I see that USCIS generally marks the status as "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received". Why is my status given as correspondence was received.

Any thoughts, is there anyone in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

Don't be bothered about it. It only means that USCIS received whatever your employer had sent.

But just check with your employer once if they are submitting more evidence or if they are withdrawing the petition.

@anjmoh26

im on the same boat. Attorney Responded to RFE and after due date, it was showing RFE response received. 2 days later i see this status

"Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It

" , im little worried about. could you tell what was the outcome after this status?

@kbn  I am in the same boat , my RFE response was sent on time but USCIS updated one day late and it said " RFE response received" , after 2 days it got updated to " Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It" . 

Thank You for sharing the information. I am also in the same boat as my case status has changed to Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It" after 2 days they received the RFE docs. 

@Neo1777  is your case premium or regular cap?

On 1/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, nmb said:

Thank You for sharing the information. I am also in the same boat as my case status has changed to Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It" after 2 days they received the RFE docs. 

@Neo1777  is your case premium or regular cap?

Hi there folks!

In my case, sent an I-120b to appeal unfavorable decision on an eb3 case. Long story short, the case status did not change in 340 days!, just "Correspondence was received...". No Notice of Transfer to the AAO, no approval... nothing. Supposedly they have about 45 days to send to the AAO if they are not going to approve the case because the CFR states that, but if they are going to approve the case they could just keep the file to reopen and readjudicate. So I'm thinking that maybe this is good news after all but, I would appreciate some imput from experienced people.

Thanks!