Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It

Hello experts,

I had received RFE for my fresh H1B application and employer has submitted the RFE response to USCIS on 11th Dec. Now my case status is updated in USCIS web site as "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It- On December 12, 2017, we received your correspondence for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC########. We are reviewing your correspondence, and will mail you a notice if we need something from you."

I see that USCIS generally marks the status as "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received". Why is my status given as correspondence was received.

Any thoughts, is there anyone in the same boat.

Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, nmb said:

Thank You for sharing the information. I am also in the same boat as my case status has changed to Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It" after 2 days they received the RFE docs. 

@Neo1777  is your case premium or regular cap?

• 2 months later...

Hi there folks!

In my case, sent an I-120b to appeal unfavorable decision on an eb3 case. Long story short, the case status did not change in 340 days!, just "Correspondence was received...". No Notice of Transfer to the AAO, no approval... nothing. Supposedly they have about 45 days to send to the AAO if they are not going to approve the case because the CFR states that, but if they are going to approve the case they could just keep the file to reopen and readjudicate. So I'm thinking that maybe this is good news after all but, I would appreciate some imput from experienced people.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Hello All,

My  Current I94 was exipred on Oct 10th 2019. 

My H1B Extension RFE document was delivered on Oct30th 2019 and due date was Nov4th 2019. On Nov18th Case status was changed to "Case was denied" and they sent denial notice as documents not reached on time.  After that my attorney spoke with USCIS then they identified my documents packet and updated Case status to "Correspondence was received USCIS reviewing it" 

I'm little worried about. Could you tell what will be the outcome of this Case? USCIS gonna review this Case any time soon?

Thanks!!!

Edited by Ram1234567890