passport expiry before stamping

aparnamurthy

Hello there,

My passport expires with in 5 months and I am attending for H1B visa interview. 

1. Will this create any problem.How much validity one should have before attending interview.

2 . I am planning to renew the passport. Do I need to fill DS 160 again.

3 . My visa appointment is already done with the old passport number. Can I update the DS 160 confirmation number on my appointment confirmation during my biometric process in VAC.

5 hours ago, aparnamurthy said:

Hello there,

My passport expires with in 5 months and I am attending for H1B visa interview. 

1. Will this create any problem.How much validity one should have before attending interview.

2 . I am planning to renew the passport. Do I need to fill DS 160 again.

3 . My visa appointment is already done with the old passport number. Can I update the DS 160 confirmation number on my appointment confirmation during my biometric process in VAC.

1. you need to renew your passport NOW. As a general rule, passports should have at least six months of validity when traveling internationally. Most countries will not permit a traveler to enter their country unless the passport is set to expire at least six months after the final day of travel. That means if your passport has less than six months remaining until the expiration date, you should renew it right away! 

Therefore, please take a day off (if you need to) from work and submit your application for passport in the nearest Indian Embassy. You will receive your passport in about a week.

2. Yes you need to fill in a new DS160

3. You can either call VFS helpdesk or request during your finger printing to get your DS160 number and Passport number changed in your VISA Interview appointment letter.

Archived