Work from Home Country while on H1B

h1bstayinindia

Hello Team,

Am H1B holder and currently in  India for last 3 months due a family medical emergency.

Am travelling back to USA this week . My Employer/Manager has allowed me to work from India office during my stay in India and have been paid as well during this time.

Will there be any issues at port of entry when i  say that I was in india due to  medical emergency and have been working from india office.. Will working home country  be seen as going against the spirit of H1B and cause entry problems to USA.

Should I to the immigration officer.

1) just say i was allowed to work from india office and if asked show medical proofs and recent paystubs.

or

2) say that i was on paid vacation due to a family medical emergency and only show the paystubs before leaving for india if asked.

Thanks

7 hours ago, h1bstayinindia said:

Hello Team,

Am H1B holder and currently in  India for last 3 months due a family medical emergency.

Am travelling back to USA this week . My Employer/Manager has allowed me to work from India office during my stay in India and have been paid as well during this time.

Will there be any issues at port of entry when i  say that I was in india due to  medical emergency and have been working from india office.. Will working home country  be seen as going against the spirit of H1B and cause entry problems to USA.

Should I to the immigration officer.

1) just say i was allowed to work from india office and if asked show medical proofs and recent paystubs.

or

2) say that i was on paid vacation due to a family medical emergency and only show the paystubs before leaving for india if asked.

Thanks

you are overthinking buddy. The immigration officers are just not going to care what you did in another country for 3 months (could be different if you are coming from one of those banned countries). The officers are going to check if you have a valid visa, if you do what is the length of stay that needs to be allowed etc etc.

You can carry all documents (just because you have peace of mind), but the only thing you will be asked is an I797 and passport.

Archived