All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schthi

Successful I-290B motion to reopen after I-485 denied

Folks,

My wife's I-485 was denied in August 2017. I'm very happy to share that the I-290B (Notice of Appeal or Motion) we filed has been accepted, and her I-485 approved. We did it ourselves, paying only the I-290B fees of $675 (note that ours was a simpler case - her I-485 was denied due to not submitting sufficient evidence for an RFE - still a scary situation for anyone!).

If anyone is in the situation, happy to share details via PM. I can also share the template we used to appeal the re-opening of her case.

Timeline:

August 2017 - I-485 denied

September 2017 - I-290B applied (you have only 30 days from the date of denial notice to appeal)

December 2017 - I-485 approved, based on evidence and documents along with the I-290B

Cheers.

Today I got I-485 denial letter due to not responding to RFE that they sent sometime last 2017 October. I have around 20 days to file for motion,

since I was not aware of initial RFE what is the chance of approving my I209B which I will be submitting soon.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated...

On 12/8/2017 at 4:18 AM, schthi said:

Folks,

My wife's I-485 was denied in August 2017. I'm very happy to share that the I-290B (Notice of Appeal or Motion) we filed has been accepted, and her I-485 approved. We did it ourselves, paying only the I-290B fees of $675 (note that ours was a simpler case - her I-485 was denied due to not submitting sufficient evidence for an RFE - still a scary situation for anyone!).

If anyone is in the situation, happy to share details via PM. I can also share the template we used to appeal the re-opening of her case.

Timeline:

September 2017 - I-290B applied (you have only 30 days from the date of denial notice to appeal)

December 2017 - I-485 approved, based on evidence and documents along with the I-290B

Cheers.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. USCIS website states about 90 days for MTRs.

They incorrectly rejected my I-612 - they based it on a different application category. I’ll be filing I-290B shortly and was looking for historical processing timelines.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:18 AM, schthi said:

Folks,

Timeline:

Cheers.

Hi there,

congratulations on I-485 approval. I need some info if you could spare some time. I am in the same boat, I-485 denied, waiting on the decision notice. if you could give your email I would really appreciate or please email me

Thank you and congratulations.