Need help in getting I-140 Approval Notice from USCIS

anchalmathur19

Hi, 

I have question regarding getting my I-140 approval notice. 
My I-140 got approved in March, 2017 but employer is not ready to share the approval notice and I-140 number. I am sure they filled my I-140 as I am able to check that my PERM is certified by DOL, through its ETA number. 

I filled a FOIA request to get my I-140 number and approval notice. After 2 weeks I received a letter that my request is sent to Track 1 with the tracking number. After a month, I received a reply from them that "The I-797 approval notice for the I-140 is not located in the file.  The records retention policy changed in 2015 and the I-797’s for the I-140’s are no longer required to be maintained in the A-file." 

My questions- 
1. Is there any other way to file FOIA for getting I-140? Am I doing anything wrong while filling FOIA. I requested only for I-140 approval notice and I-140 number. I have shared my recently approved H1B copy, i.e. 797 and its receipt number, I-94 number, my ID and other required details in 639 form like Name, DOB and origin country. 

2. If FOIA is not the way, is there any other way I can get I-140 from USCIS, as my employer is not ready to share. 

Thanks. 

When you say I-140 number, are you referring I-140 application receipt number?

In the FOIA request, Did you include your Passport number, employer details?

Also, Ask for copy of I-140 petition/Application (not the I-140 Approval notice).

Usually they stamp "Approved" on your I-140 petition/Application and write down A number. 

Archived