H1 RFE - Work Product - Employee Employer relationship

rohit1183

Hi
I have got RFE on my H1 extension and the query which my employer has received mentions to provide evidence documenting maintenance of valid employer-employee relationship throughout the H1B approval period.
It lists points as to what all can be submitted. Few items are straightforward like pay stubs, W2, tax returns and so on. I need clarification on one point referring to work product which is stated as below:

Work product from Beneficiary for the Previous validity period : provide documentary examples of work product created or produced by the beneficiary for the past H1B validity period, (i.e., copies of: business plans, reports, presentations, evaluations, recommendations, critical reviews, promotional materials, designs, blueprints, newspaper articles, web-site text, news copy, photographs of prototypes, etc.). Note: The materials must clearly substantiate the author and date created. 

Throughout the tenure of my last valid H1B, I have worked for the same client (still doing so). 

Can someone please elaborate on what all can be submitted to support this point? Would a word document which lists high level overview about the projects I have worked on for this client, my role in it, my responsibilities, project duration etc would be sufficient?

I have mostly played a project lead and software architect role so I do have software architectural diagrams/flows, few presentations etc. which I have created for some projects/initiatives in last three years. However, I am not sure if all those can be shared because wouldn't those documents be client confidential and considered client's Intellectual Property? I don't think I am allowed to share those with anyone outside. What is the best way to handle this situation and provide the response.  

Any guidance would be helpful. I have a computer science degree and over 13 years of IT experience. I am in my 9th year of H1b (I-140 approved).

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived