Mother's name correction in Passport

divyab

Hi,

I’m currently on H4 EAD and my husband’s green card is under process (My visa is stamped till 2019).

I hold an Indian passport and in my passport:

·        my mother’s last name has not been mentioned and

·        my father’s first name and last name are interchanged.

I’m planning to apply for a new passport to get my parent’s names corrected (i.e add my mother’s last name and interchange my father’s last name and first name fields)

Please advice if any issue will arise to my current H4 visa or my husband’s green card processing if I apply for a new passport with above corrections.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm planning to get the name corrected because the last name of my mother is not mentioned in my passport while it is mentioned in my DOB certificate. I need to provide her name in my SSN application. Passport and DOB certificates have to be provided for the SSN application. (Also,my mother is a Government employee )

Waiting for a reply please

Reposting:

Hi,

I’m currently on H4 EAD and my husband’s green card is under process (My visa is stamped till 2019).

I hold an Indian passport and in my passport:

·        my mother’s last name has not been mentioned and

·        my father’s first name and last name are interchanged.

I’m planning to apply for a new passport to get my parent’s names corrected (i.e add my mother’s last name and interchange my father’s last name and first name fields)

Please advice if any issue will arise to my current H4 visa or my husband’s green card processing if I apply for a new passport with above corrections.

Thank you

Archived