VISA was never stamped. DS 160 question

odion

Hi, 

After my H1B was approved, I never went back to my home country to get it stamped. 

Then I decided to change my status to F-1. 

For the DS160 for there are two questions I am not sure how to answer. 

1. since my H1B was never stamped, I never had a VISA number although it was issued. So for that question, I am providing the date it was issued but for the VISA number (8 digit),  I am opting  "DO NOT KNOW"

2. the second question in DS 160 is as followed : "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?"

since my H1B was issued in the USA but now I am back in my home country and applying for a different VISA, I have replied as "NO" to this question. 

It will be great if you guys can provide some pointers if I am right. 

Thanks,

On 11/30/2017 at 4:11 PM, odion said:

Hi, 

After my H1B was approved, I never went back to my home country to get it stamped. 

Then I decided to change my status to F-1. 

For the DS160 for there are two questions I am not sure how to answer. 

1. since my H1B was never stamped, I never had a VISA number although it was issued. So for that question, I am providing the date it was issued but for the VISA number (8 digit),  I am opting  "DO NOT KNOW"

2. the second question in DS 160 is as followed : "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?"

since my H1B was issued in the USA but now I am back in my home country and applying for a different VISA, I have replied as "NO" to this question. 

It will be great if you guys can provide some pointers if I am right. 

Thanks,

How did you enter the country first. I mean on what visa.

Archived