H1-b Approval And 'case Re-opened' Online Status

ckara6

I have a situation with my H1-B extension and I would like to know if anyone has similar situation or know what this means. Thanks in advance for any inputs. 

My petition was filed in June 2017 in regular processing and received an RFE on Oct 10, 2017 for Employer-Employee relationship, which was addressed in Premium Processing on Nov 14, 2017. And on Nov 28, 2017 we received Email notification which mentions the H1-B is approved and validity period for next 1 year, and the form I-797 Approval Notice will follow in the mail. However when I checked the Case Status Online it displays as "Case Was Reopened" On Nov 28, 2017 and this is all on the same day. It makes no sense to me, but maybe there is something I don't know. Any information is very much appreciated.

@ckara6
I have a question related to your case. I also got an RFE regarding the employer-employee relation as the client location is different than the employer's. Did your attorney/employer sent a client letter as well, if your case is also client-employer relationship? Can you please mention what documents did your attorney sent to resolve the RFE?

Yes, the latest message says -  On November 28, 2017, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

And the next steps section says - We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take. 

No mention of why the case is Re-opened when the email notification we received yesterday evening gives the H1 validity start date and end date clearly.  

On 11/29/2017 at 3:52 PM, ckara6 said:

Yes, the latest message says -  On November 28, 2017, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

And the next steps section says - We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take. 

No mention of why the case is Re-opened when the email notification we received yesterday evening gives the H1 validity start date and end date clearly.  

Did you know now what was reason for case reopen?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived