Call from District Attorney

zariugn

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on OPT after finishing my Master's degree, I joined an employer A and it turned out to be very shady, they had asked me for signed checks for specific amounts, as part of their terms. I did sign it because I didn't have another option. Due to the shady behavior I called the bank and confirmed that there is a stop payment on the check. I was always looking out for another employer, but I got a project through employer A and the contract got terminated, then I got another project from employer B.

Employer A wanted me to sign a contract for another project they had which I didn't because I didn't want to. Employer A is now threatening me and  I got a call from District Attorneys office to confirm my bank account number and name on the checks which I signed at Employer A.  They even went ahead and got my project cancelled from Employer B.

What are my options?

10 hours ago, Neda said:

Website doesn't matter. I can call you and say that I am  from IRS, but how do you verify whether I am working for IRS or not?? THINK.....!!!!!

Also, spoofing caller id is trivial.

If a government office wants something, they send a letter, on official letterhead.

And, the DA can not get a "project cancelled." That's 100% a fake call.

Archived