All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjayhistory

N400 Questions

Three questions as I get ready to fill in the form for Naturalization. 

1.  The downloaded pdf does not allow me to use N/A for various options, such as former names etc. as only alphanumerical characters are permitted.  Yet that is what the instructions suggest I should do.   Should I leave those blank?  Or use NA (without the slash)?  Concerned that the latter will be read as a former name!

2.   Page 12 Question 9 A asks if I have ever been a member of any organization or CLUB (my emphasis).  Should I include social clubs?

3. I presume I include all traffic violations in response to  Question 23 Page 14.  My last citation for speeding (not in my current location) was sometime in August 2000, and I can only put in an approximate date.  Is that OK?

Thanks for any responses.

1. Leave them blank, or write N/A by hand.

2. I included social clubs.

3. That's ok. Write whatever you remember, a rough date like 'August 2000' is fine. If they ask during the interview, explain that's all you remember.

Edited by JoeF

Thank you for your responses, JoeF and Pontevecchio.  Much appreciated.  Responding to P, social club because the question asks if I have ever been the member of any organization or club, without specifying what sort.  I understand the implied question about political sorts of organizations or clubs, but don't want to second guess bureaucracies!

8 hours ago, sanjayhistory said:

I understand the implied question about political sorts of organizations or clubs, but don't want to second guess bureaucracies!

Yup. That's exactly why I included social clubs ;)

It probably doesn't matter, but why take chances?

Edited by JoeF