RFE for my EB3 I485, Need to file AOS for Dependents

ramesh75

Hello -

My EB3 Priority Date is Nov 6 2006 and had filed my I-485 in 2007. Now I have received a RFE for I-485 and should submit the Response before Jan 31st. But still the Priority Date is NOT current (as of Dec 2017 Bulletin Priority Date is Oct 16 2006). I have to file AOS for my dependents as well. So in this case how I can file AOS for my dependents safe and Please share your thoughts.

Regards.

Thank You for your Reply. The challenge is, If my PD is not current till the due date of my RFE filing, and if I file my RFE Response and my case gets approved before I file AOS for my dependents then it will be an issue. If any one in similar situations and have more insights Please share.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:51 PM, ramesh75 said:

Hello -

My EB3 Priority Date is Nov 6 2006 and had filed my I-485 in 2007. Now I have received a RFE for I-485 and should submit the Response before Jan 31st. But still the Priority Date is NOT current (as of Dec 2017 Bulletin Priority Date is Oct 16 2006). I have to file AOS for my dependents as well. So in this case how I can file AOS for my dependents safe and Please share your thoughts.

Regards.

Hi Ramesh ji,

Iam in the same boat as u are . I have got an email on nov 27th , still waiting for mail...

Can you pls let me know what is ur RFE?

can you pls share ur email id so that i can discuss with u about the case in detail.

thanks

On 11/27/2017 at 4:51 PM, ramesh75 said:

Hello -

Regards.

what is the date of the RFE sent?

how many days did take you to get in mail?

what are the total no of days that they have given u to address RFE?

Pls share your answers.

Thanks

how many days did take you to get in mail? -> will take 2-3 weeks to come to your home address. uscis sends it in 3rd call cheapest possible mail with no delivery signature.

what are the total no of days that they have given u to address RFE? -> you will get 90 days from the date online status got changed i.e 11-27 + 90 days = Mostly 1st week of Mar 2018.

Thanks for the reply.

i have one more question:

Before i got RFE in email i accepted an offer from another company and i have to join on next week.

Is it ok to switch the job when i get an RFE?

I did not know that my PD is going to be current. so i accepted offer ad i gave resignation in my old company.

All ur suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

@Anamika123 - Nov 15th I got the RFE Online Status and it took 10 Days to receive my Letter. RFE is for Employment Proof, Medical Latest etc and due date is Feb 15th, they had given 87 Days as official time to file RFE Response. I am yet to file AOS for my dependents and if my PD is not current in Januaray 2018 and if I file my RFE response and case gets approved before getting a receipt for AOS filing of my dependents - is my concern. Please share your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ramesh and directory 0818,

Got email from USCIS on Nov 24th that they sent RFE, waited for almost 3 weeks.Did not get mail from USCIS

So Called USCIS and notified them that we have not received the mail, they opened a service and gave the service no.

On Dec 18th got email from USCIS saying that 

On December 18, 2017, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number WACXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

What am i supposed to do next?

am i suppose to call them and ask them to send RFE?

or should i go www.uscis.gov/e-request and fill the form.

Your suggestions are valuable and will be of a great help at this time.

Thanks

Hi JoeF,

Thanks for your reply.We really appreciate that!

We did move 9 years back . At that time we called Uscis and updated the address and mailed   AR11 form.

Mean while, we applied APs for all these years, and renewed EAD several times. We got the mails to the updated address.

only this i 485 RFE we missed it, don't have any clue on how we missed it?

If an AR11 is not enough, what else we are suppose to do?

Your suggestions are very valuable at this time.

Thanks

Once you file AR-11 online, it would ask to change the addresses on each application separately which are pending with USCIS. If that is NOT done then all correspodnace for pending applications would go old address which is what is happening here. You should make the address change immediately or even better involve lawyer to get this sorted out. BTW the status message from USCIS does not look to be RFE but actual approval notice for your GC.

Dear Thanks for your reply MR.Shurap1.

you are rt !! only our i-485 address was not changed.

Since we were getting all communications from USCIS, we thought our address is updated even with i-485, we are mistaken.

Today we got a chance to talk with L2 officer and updated address.

Do you still think we have to involve lawyer?

Actually the status message and the email we got were different.

This is the status message :

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

On December 18, 2017, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number **************, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

this is what got in email:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On December 18, 2017, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number ********, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

PLS suggest any further steps to be taken.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Anamika - Hope you have sorted the issues. Track your status through online and it will say whether its an RFE or NOT. Good you have updated the address and now your are on track. I am still waiting to file my RFE as my dependents AOS also involved. By the way, whats your PD ?

Archived