H1B approved but Passport is in Administrative Processing

gadepa

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended the visa interview at Tijuana, Mexico on Tuesday (12/05). My visa got approved. I was supposed to pick up my passport yesterday (12/06) but the consulate said there are some technical issues currently experienced by the system and hence there are certain passports that are being held up worldwide as the system is randomly processing the visas. The status on CEAC.state.gov doesn't even show anything on my application status. It just says 'Your search didn't return any data'. I will be going to the consulate at 3pm (PST) to see if my passport is available for pickup. 

Hi I got the following reply when I emailed Hyd consulate. Does this mean my visa application is refused ?

Dear Applicant:

We would like to inform you that your visa application is refused for administrative processing. This processing is mandatory and cannot be expedited.  While we understand your concern and probable frustration, we cannot speed things up.  Your visa application will be reconsidered when the administrative processing is completed and we will notify you.

You can check the status of your case by visiting our website at ceac.state.gov and type in your case number. The website is updated regularly to reflect the most recent status of your case.

We are required to conduct administrative processing in many cases.  Unfortunately, we cannot give a specific time frame during which processing will be completed, as each case is different and may require different processing than another case that may appear similar.   While we recognize how frustrating these delays can be for applicants, please be assured we process each case as quickly as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @gadepa 

Congratulations. 

Do you mind sharing your email/contact number? I am in the same boat, where VO said visa is approved and no 221(g) was handed out. My interview took place in Delhi and status has mot changed at all since my interview date (December 8th). When i email the embassy, I get the same 221g refusal for admin processing reply.

Thank you for your response.

Neha

10 hours ago, gadepa said:

What is the last updated date and is this your first time h1b stamping from f1

There has been no update since my interview date (December 8th) and yes, it is first time stamping from H1b to F1. 

How many days after your interview did your status change? 

Archived