H1B approved but Passport is in Administrative Processing

gadepa

My H1 visa interview was completed on 11/14/2017. The Visa officer notified me that my visa
was approved but I haven't received any confirmation to pickup my passport
although it has been about 2 weeks.

OFC Interview Date - 11/13/17
Visa Interview Date - 11/14/17

The last I checked I do not have any emails requesting any additionaldocuments nor did VO give me any 221(g). I entered US for the first time on H4 and later converted to F1. I came to India for F1 stamping as well. Post that I moved to H1 and changed a job.  Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Is there anyway I can contact the consulate for the status updates. 

Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, gadepa said:

My H1 visa interview was completed on 11/14/2017. The Visa officer notified me that my visa

The last I checked I do not have any emails requesting any additionaldocuments nor did VO give me any 221(g). I entered US for the first time on H4 and later converted to F1. I came to India for F1 stamping as well. Post that I moved to H1 and changed a job.  Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Is there anyway I can contact the consulate for the status updates. 

Thanks.

You can send email or call the VFS helpdesk in India. They may be able to tell you  if something is going on. I think yours is just caught in the thanksgiving holiday cycle and you should receive your passport this week. Good luck

Hi, 

I have had a similar experience at Montreal embassy

6th November 2017 - Interview (visa approved by VO)

7th November 2017 - Case changed to Administrative Processing

8th November 2017 - Embassy returned the passport back

27th November 2017 - Embassy asked to return the passport for stamping

I was not given any 221g. I guess there were multiple holidays (veterans day, remembrance day and thanksgiving) in between and the processing is slow, hence it takes long time. I would be say hang on and be patient, if they have not given you 221g it will process soon. 

On 11/27/2017 at 9:14 PM, gadepa said:

Thanks.

Did you receive it ? 

My H1 visa interview was also completed on 11/14/2017 in delhi . The Visa officer notified me that my visa was approved but waiting To hear back.

I also checked  and I do not have any emails requesting any additional documents nor did VO give me any 221(g).

Mailed them to check for documents and they do not need any documents from me.

first Visa stamping H4 

second visa satmping F1

came this time for H1b

They want u to check online for status but we can only wait.

I have attended visa interview on 11/07/2017, VO asked couple questions, Taken passport and said Happy Journey. I didn't receive my passport till now. ceac.state.gov website showing administrative processing.

OFC Interview Date - 11/06/17
Visa Interview Date - 11/07/17

I got following standard reply from support-india@ustraveldocs.com

We understand that you wish to know the status of your passport/application.  
In response to your question, your visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Hence, we request you to kindly wait. 

Archived