H1B TRANSFER RFE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

VVKUS

Hi Friends,

I joined company B in June this year on H1-B receipt. I received RFE on 10 Aug and my employer B has responded to RFE on 7th oct. Its been a month now but no response. The RFE was for the following reasons.

1. Evidence pertaining to the proffered position

2. Proofs on how I qualifies for this offer jobs and roles. How only my qualification(B.E comps) is only eligible for this role and no other qualifications.

3. Proofs of advertisements etc. supporting the role was not published to local candidates.

This transfer is under normal processing. How long would it take to get the response. What are the chances of it to get approved or denied. (I have more than 10 yrs of ex in IT)

Can I switch to another company now while being in transfer?

My prev company A has already withdrawn my H1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, SambaShiva said:

Whats your SOC code, Job title & Wage Level?

These days, these are very crucial in getting approval. If there are any inconsistencies, people are getting RFE and denials. 

Also, I'd suggest you upgrade to premium processing

SOC code - One which is for Software Developer. I think that is 15-1133 

Job Title - Software Engineer

Wage Level - 2

I have been suggested by my company lawyer not to go for premium as lots of cases are being adjudicated now in premium and said to wait for another month or so. If not then we can go for premium.

Premium or Regular processing doesn't effect the decision. It all depends on the supporting documents provided and the merits of the case. 

Seems like yours is a Specialty occupation RFE. If the job description/advertisement says it needs Bachelors in CS, you should be good (since you have CS background).

Did you submit Education evaluation and Experience letters?

3 hours ago, SambaShiva said:

Premium or Regular processing doesn't effect the decision. It all depends on the supporting documents provided and the merits of the case. 

Seems like yours is a Specialty occupation RFE. If the job description/advertisement says it needs Bachelors in CS, you should be good (since you have CS background).

Did you submit Education evaluation and Experience letters?

My employer did my Education evaluation before responding to RFE. About  Experience letters, I already submitted those to employer while transfer itself(Assume, they had with them, they did not asked me again). Also they submitted the expert opinion letter.

• 3 months later...

Archived