H1B renewal after DUI - Admin Processing

On 12/30/2019 at 10:03 AM, Amfinn said:

Hello, 

I appeared for an H1-B interview in Hyderabad on Nov 4, 2019 and was issued a 221(g) DUI for a DUI charge from 2004. 
I had one successful H1-B issuance (no questions asked) in 2016, but not this time around. 
I went to the medical interview and after being told that the medical report was submitted to the US consulate, I received an email from the consulate that I needed to reappear for the medical test, which I did. 
About a week ago I received an email to submit the passport at VAC. I did that and got an email today that my passport is ready for pickup. 
I picked up the passport and still no visa. I was handed a letter to reappear for an interview with the US consular officer again any day of my choosing at a certain hour. 
Please let me know if anyone here has undergone something like this before?
Needless to say, this 2 month ordeal now has gone in circles and has been stressful. 

Thank you.

Hi, 

I am in a similar situation like yours. Just want to know if you have any update after you appeared to the Visa interview. Any response would be really helpful. Could you please let me know your status. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 10:03 AM, Amfinn said:

Hello, 

I appeared for an H1-B interview in Hyderabad on Nov 4, 2019 and was issued a 221(g) DUI for a DUI charge from 2004. 
I had one successful H1-B issuance (no questions asked) in 2016, but not this time around. 
I went to the medical interview and after being told that the medical report was submitted to the US consulate, I received an email from the consulate that I needed to reappear for the medical test, which I did. 
About a week ago I received an email to submit the passport at VAC. I did that and got an email today that my passport is ready for pickup. 
I picked up the passport and still no visa. I was handed a letter to reappear for an interview with the US consular officer again any day of my choosing at a certain hour. 
Please let me know if anyone here has undergone something like this before?
Needless to say, this 2 month ordeal now has gone in circles and has been stressful. 

Thank you.

Hi, 

Your reply would be really helpful. Could you please let me know if you've heard back from the consulate.

• 3 years later...

WHello all,

I got my dui in dec 2022 and it was reduced to wet reckless. Completed MAD and weekend work program. I came to India nov 10th for my visa stamping.

I submitted my visa on 14th November and ceac website showed refused after two weeks. My passport is being returned and is currently ready for delivery.

question?

1. What should I expect with my passport? A 221g form? I was not given any instructions on email why visa is refused.

@rvk2ab  @stampwithgrace @newuser12345