H1B renewal after DUI - Admin Processing

13 hours ago, newuser12345 said:

@stampwithgrace When was the last time you were fingerprinted at OFC here? One of my friend got 221g this october and he was called in just for finger prints. he went for it without appointment and thats it. Prints taken and his visa was approved and received within a few days. I wish that is the case with you. Good luck my friend.

I just got my passport. Good I choose Premium Delivery as today consulate and the VFS centers are closed. 

They have called me for a in person interview on any working days. Walk in. I still have some ray of hope. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

Got the visa. Will post a detailed experience soon. 

@stampwithgrace congratulations. Good to know all went fine.

I don't know what is going on with my case. Last updated date changed on Nov' 21 just like @remremfnov's (I was excited that bad phase is behind me) but status is still in admin process even when Nov' 22 and 24th were working days. I am scared and stressed to my core. Now waiting for next week to kick in to see what will happen.

Is there anything I can do to find out what is happening? atleast try to check with us travel docs to see why last updated date was changed?

Edited by newuser12345

I believe they are probably running a background check on you. I found my consulate official very good. He was very understanding when I explained that I have already been through a medical check up. They went and verified it as I had the past receipt and 221 g letter. I had a amazing side conversation with him. They also said some people have two dui's and laughed. I said I know the consequences of a single dui so this was a one time mistake. 

They were really good  although I do not have my passport in hand yet. I should get it next week. Will post a detailed update and tips soon. 

I think you should get a response next week. Due to holidays may be it was slow. 

On 11/23/2017 at 3:41 AM, newuser12345 said:

@stampwithgrace When was the last time you were fingerprinted at OFC here? One of my friend got 221g this october and he was called in just for finger prints. he went for it without appointment and thats it. Prints taken and his visa was approved and received within a few days. I wish that is the case with you. Good luck my friend.

What happened with your case finally ?

Did you ever receive the visa stamp ?

13 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

What happened with your case finally ?

Did you ever receive the visa stamp ?

@stampwithgrace Sorry for being late to provide update. With the grace of God, my case status changed to "Issued" on Nov' 28th and i got my passport with stamp today. I guess admin processing with medical is taking a month or so. And mine got a few delayed due to Thanksgiving as you suggested.

What is your case status right now - Admin processing? I hope you will receive yours soon as no medical is involved. You already went through it twice.

I will post my detailed experience in a separate thread for others. Thank you and @remremfnov for support. You guys gave me hope to go through this stressful time.

9 hours ago, newuser12345 said:

@stampwithgrace Sorry for being late to provide update. With the grace of God, my case status changed to "Issued" on Nov' 28th and i got my passport with stamp today. I guess admin processing with medical is taking a month or so. And mine got a few delayed due to Thanksgiving as you suggested.

What is your case status right now - Admin processing? I hope you will receive yours soon as no medical is involved. You already went through it twice.

I will post my detailed experience in a separate thread for others. Thank you and @remremfnov for support. You guys gave me hope to go through this stressful time.

Yes mine is Admin Processing for the past one week since my in person interview where I was orally told its approved and will be sent in 3 - 5 business days. No news after that. Very Depressed and helpless now. 

5 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

Yes mine is Admin Processing for the past one week since my in person interview where I was orally told its approved and will be sent in 3 - 5 business days. No news after that. Very Depressed and helpless now. 

I think it is just taking some time for admin processing to issued. I am certain you will get your stamp (you already got it 3 times after the incident). I understand concern is the time and I was in same boat (depressed and helpless) but i would suggest, enjoy this time as I could not due to VISA stress (It being my first time and all). Luckily my employer allowed me to work remotely for as long as it took. So talk to your employer, enjoy this time with family and friends and just wait for a reply. You will get it.

15 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

@stampwithgraceThis is very sad indeed. Just adds to the uncertainty. Hope you hear back soon, and keep us posted. Good luck. 

@newuser12345 Congrats. Good to hear it all went pretty much as expected. 

On 12/11/2017 at 0:18 AM, stampwithgrace said:

Due to gods grace and the tremendous support of this community My ceac shows Approved today. Will post details once I see the visa in my hand. I cannot describe the feeling after seeing the Issued status. Thanks a lot everyone. 

@stampwithgrace

Congrats. Can u plz post the experience of what happen at port of entry once you come back. That will be really helpful.

20 hours ago, Naveen09 said:

@stampwithgrace

Congrats. Can u plz post the experience of what happen at port of entry once you come back. That will be really helpful.

I just landed @EWR. Poe was smooth. Ofcourse they will send you for secondary inspection. This is the first time the poe officer asked me for the court disposition documents. I have entered us many times after dui but was never asked for any docs. This time he asked me. Typed something and then gave me a stamp and let me in. Keep the court docs and the doc receipt handy. Most likely they will not ask. But be prepared. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a 221G for a DUI arrest after yesterday’s (26-Feb) visa interview:

DUI in Oct 2012. I have completed 1 successful stamps in April 2014 with direct Interview where I was not asked anything about the arrest record and received passport in 3-5 days. I still believe that even this time the arrest record did not pop up, but the VO just asked the court documents based on my response “Yes” to arrested on the DS-160 form.

Here is how my interview went @ 8.30 AM (26th Feb):

VO: Who is your petitioner?

Me: Blah Blah

VO: Where will you be working?

Me: Blah Blah

VO: Salary?

Me: XXX,YYY

VO: Are you working at client site or Employee location?

Me: I am a full time employee working at employer location.

VO: Can you pass me that court document from that arrest record you have?

Me: Gave. Told him, it was addressed in the last visa interview in 2014 and was given visa. 

VO: Where you referred to any psychological/physical test,  can i have any documentation from that?

Me: I was not referred.

VO: Starts typing on the computer looking at my court record.

Me: Just to add, I was not convicted and the arrest record is over 5 years old now

VO: I know. (stern voice)

Long wait, until he was typing.

VO (Hands me a white slip): I will have refer you to psychological test at the apollo hospital and we get the results, we can then process your visa. Also here is the case number on the top. You will get an email to submit your passport to drop box once we receive the reports.

Me: Sure, I will have the medical tests done as instructed. But, I have an get back to US and attend an important conference in next 3 weeks.

VO: We usually process the cases in 2-3 days after the medical reports and passport is submitted.

Me: Thank you. 

Completed by medical checkup/psych evaluation on the same day @ Apollo Hospital Chennai. Entire process took around 4-5 hours and was completed by 2PM.

Question to folks here in the forum:

1. Any Idea how long does it take to get an email to submit passport?
  2. Does the hospital submit the report to VFS or Embassy? Can we call VFS to follow up?
  3. How long would the entire process take from here?

First things first , Please come back and post your experience once you get your stamping done. Many once they get their Visa do not bother to come back to the forum and post it. That is rude and do not help other's . Please come back and post your experience.

I had posted my experience @ Chennai consulate  from 2014 . 

Once your Medical Evaluation is done , Apollo will send Consulate the documents in 2-3 days. 

Once Consulate receive the documents they processed my Visa in 5 days and requested my passport for stamping.

I sent them the passport and received it back in 5 days with the stamp. I have put the detail timeline in my post , look for it in my profile

Good Luck!