After I140 approved with 180 days passed, Can I change multiple employers?

My I-140 is approved with more than 180 days passed with employer A, Can I change employer A to employer B and Employer B to Employer C by using my Approved I-140 from my old Employer A ?

Please help me with right answer, I have a situation , when I move from Employer A to Employer B, my Employer B is not ready to initiate GC so I have no other option, so I wanted to change change from Employer B to Employer C by using my old approved I-140, Is it legally allowed based on new rule ( i.e irrespective of employer if I-140 is approved with more 180 days passed, employee can change employer)

When you change employer after your I-140 is approved (and before you file adjustment of status I-485) you will have to start green card process from the beginning. That mean all of PERM then I-140 and then I-485. And most likely you need another H1b to keep you in status.

However, you can request to keep same priority date as from first employer. This has become easier since about a month since laws changed. There is no 180 rule applied to I-140.

What is 180 day rule?

Once you file final step of green card (Adjustment of status I-485) if you do not receive your green card in 180 days, you can change jobs (called portability) to same or similar job. This final step of green card application need to filed by beneficiary and not by employer.

Archived