DUI - Received 221g, followed by online status updated to REFUSED

rick.lane58

I had my visa interview in Hyderabad last month and was issued 221g white slip. I noticed online status got updated to REFUSED like 10 days later and its been more than couple weeks now and I am still waiting for an update / passport. I had a prior DUI from 2013 and was issued visa twice in the last couple years.

Anyone experienced this earlier?, would like to know the approximate time it took to get an final answer, thanks in advance!

You make me really nervous. I am going for a drop box in a few weeks. 

I have had successful three visa stamping three times with DUI. Read my post by going in my profile. 

Can you explain your situation in detail ?

Did you do a drop box ? 

Did you go through a Doctors panel last time ? 

Where did you do your previous stamping. 

When did you get your DUI ?

Please elaborate so we all can help each other out. 

At the time of answering the questionnaire for the dropbox, believe one of those asks to see if your visa is active. In my case visa was revoked and so I answered NO, so wasn't eligible for dropbox. That was my understanding, experts here can guide you better if what I did wasn't correct.

Yes, I did go thru doctors evaluation earlier and was issued visa, followed by another successful stamping again through a dropbox, both in Hyderabad.

Yes, my passport is still with the consulate, hoping for a positive response at the earliest.

My 221g letters says that it requires further administrative processing before a final decision can be made, and the online status currently set to "REFUSED".

Note: I will make sure to update this thread once I hear back from the consulate on my case, thanks!

6 hours ago, rick.lane58 said:

Yes, my passport is still with the consulate, hoping for a positive response at the earliest.

My 221g letters says that it requires further administrative processing before a final decision can be made, and the online status currently set to "REFUSED".

Note: I will make sure to update this thread once I hear back from the consulate on my case, thanks!

The consulate having your passport is a good thing. That means they are almost certain they will stamp it. I assume they are waiting for some background checks. With the new govt in place I think they have just tightened security. It makes no sense to keep checking folks like us for DUI's. But its the hard reality. Good luck hope to hear back soon. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived