H1B Extn RFE Degree is not related

Mari

H1B Extn RFE speciality occupation -

I have a  Mechanical Engg degree and 13 years experience in IT. I couldn't answer some of the rfe questions such as

Explain how your degree in specific field of study is directly related to proffered position

Why a Bachelor’s Degree is Required to Perform this Duty:

can you pls help me on this if you have come similar issues

Thanks,

Mari

11 hours ago, Mari said:

I have a  Mechanical Engg degree and 13 years experience in IT. I couldn't answer some of the rfe questions such as

Explain how your degree in specific field of study is directly related to proffered position

Thanks,

Mari

What did your employer say? Does the employer have an attorney?

20 hours ago, Mari said:

Thanks,

Mari

Dis you have the 13 years experience in before you got the original H1, or is that only now?

If you didn't have 12 years experience when the H1 was first issued you may have a big problem.

In the Trump era, they now scrutinize H1 extensions, and they could decide that the original H1 was issued in error.

You need to discuss your situation with a good immigration lawyer.

Hi Mari and Patsam, Do you have any updates that you could share with us. Have Y'all look in to getting credential evaluation done(if you have taken any computer related courses either in Bachelors or Masters) or even for that matter any certifications in related to the work you do?

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, Maddy192 said:

I am in the same boat. My attorney planning to reply next week. Will update you guys. Please keep us posted. 

Hi Maddy192, any update on your case? How many years of IT experience do you have? I'm in the same boat, any help would be appreciated. 

On 12/21/2017 at 4:29 PM, bujju said:

Hi guys,

I am also in the same boat. i am on H1b for 10 years, I140 approved, Mech engg

Now i get Speciality occupation and Beneficiaries Education.  Please update with your docs and status.

Hi Bujju, any update on your case please? any help any advice would be appreciated.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:21 PM, Patsam said:

Hi Mari,

what happens to the your petition? does it approved . mine is still in rfe mode, i already replied. just curious to know the chances of approval? 

Hi Patsam, any update on your case? Any help or advise is appreciated.

Archived