Job Change Now.H1B validity left for 14 months and approved I140

infodigger

My h1b remaining validity is 14 months(6years) with current employer A and I have approved I140 with my current employer A(approved 50 days before) . I am expecting a better offer from employer B. Subsequently he will file H1b transfer. Expecting new H1b with employer B may  get a validity for remaining 14 months. In order to continue my employment with employer B after 14 months, how i need to secure my work status. can employer B get me extension with approved I140(which i had from employer A)? If not, what should i ask or check with employer B to secure my work status after 14 months prior to joining their company. Can you please provide the information on this? Thank You.

"Subsequently he will file H1b transfer. Expecting new H1b with employer B may  get a validity for remaining 14 months" 

Normally in this scenario employer B can and should file for both transfer and extension petition together. You should check with employer B and make sure that they file for extension petition along with transfer.

As long as you have approved I140 your future H1B extension petitions from employer B will be approved with three year duration until your I140 is current.

Archived