H1B transfer denied due to having Electronics degree in Bachelor's

kiran436

On 11/6/2017 at 8:36 PM, suresh1985 said:

Hi Kiran,

My situation is pretty similar I did my bachelors and masters in finance but doing job in IT recently I got full time job applied for transfer in premium processing got receipt number waiting for decision. Does your transfer  is to consulting company  or full time ?. 

Hi Suresh1985, could you please provide an update on your case? How many years of IT experience did you have?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 3:54 PM, kiran436 said:

Hi,

Recently my H1B transfer has been denied by USCIS stating that my Electronics degree in Bachelor's doesn't meet speciality occupation requirement. I have 8 years experience in IT and did all my jobs with same Electronics degree so far. It's very sad to have this reason to deny my petition.  Now, my I-94 also expired and suddenly Out of status. My employer is filling a new petition in premium processing by submitting strong evolutions for my experience and education. Did anyone see these kind of RFE or denials recently? What are the options in this case to get Status again?

Hi Kiran,

I am on same boat now where my H1B extension got denied, I94 expired month ago and my employer applied for a new petition immediately after denial. The new petition was sent last week, so I am little worried if they raise concerns about living in US while I am out of status since my fist extension denial. Could you please let me know if you have any such questions raised by USCIS before your approval?

Archived