All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dinesh Gara

Petitioners Name incorrect in I797 can we go for stamping

Hi All, 

I got New I 797 with 3 years approval and planned to travel INDIA next week.. 
will I have any issue for Visa Stamping with incorrect Petitioners Name on I 797.

Need expert opinion from 

Issue : Petitioners name is misspelled in I797 and verified that in Form I-129 we have mentioned all the details 
correctly. for example XXXXXXA  printed as XXXXNXXA, Seems typo error from USCIS. 

Question 1 : How to get it corrected, How much time will it take.

Question 2 : Can I travel to India with this document and go for Visa stamping as I am eligible for Dropbox.

Question 3: If I get Visa will I be having any issues during Port of Entry. 

Thanks,
Dinesh 

My wife once got an I797 with her name misspelled. Her company filed paperwork to correct it and she got one more I797. Please contact your attorney and/or your company Immigration HR contact to initiate the paperwork. They should be able to tell you the time frame and advise you whether you can travel or not.

Question 1 : How to get it corrected, How much time will it take.

You may have to file a amendment to get this corrected. Call the USCIS help line but your company attorney should be responsible for this not you. 

Question 2 : Can I travel to India with this document and go for Visa stamping as I am eligible for Dropbox.

I think you will get the benefit of doubt and will get a stamp. 

Question 3: If I get Visa will I be having any issues during Port of Entry. 

No. As you will have a Visa if step 2 is fine. So I 797 will most likely not be asked. 

Call USCIS customer service number and ask. See if they can expedite this. If not ask your employer to file a Amended H1b and file it in Premium as it was their fault to get this name corrected. 

I have one of my consultant who got the H1B approved with wrong Date of Birth. We got it corrected with just a phone call away. If the error is with USCIS then if will be corrected by them immediately . If your attorney messed it up with typing in the wrong information on the form. Then i believe it should be delta differently. 

I have a similar issue. The petitioner name in my I-797 approval notice is mis-spelled. My attorney said I shouldn't have any issue if I go for Stamping as its USCIS mistake. I am eligible for drop box and travelling to India in 2 weeks. However he said there is no need for amendment as its a USCIS mistake and he has already requested for correction, but he is not sure if I will receive the updated copy before I leave. please advice.

Please respond sooner as my wife is pregnant and I need visa stamping done sooner to see if we can stay or leave . I am full time with a payment gateway company and I got start date given wrong in I 797. Our attorney called uscis to correct it and uscis said they corrected it. I have visa stamping in 3 days which is May 21st . I don’t have corrected I-797 with me , I only have wrong I 797( just start date is wrong ). Shall I go for stamping as uscis says it has corrected but not send original yet ?? 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, Soft said:

Please respond sooner as my wife is pregnant and I need visa stamping done sooner to see if we can stay or leave . I am full time with a payment gateway company and I got start date given wrong in I 797. Our attorney called uscis to correct it and uscis said they corrected it. I have visa stamping in 3 days which is May 21st . I don’t have corrected I-797 with me , I only have wrong I 797( just start date is wrong ). Shall I go for stamping as uscis says it has corrected but not send original yet ?? 

Hello can u let me know how did it go for u. We are in the same situation

Hi,

Please help:)

I applied for H1B transfer with the new employer. I got my I-797 approved with the start date of 04/21/2021. My I94 expiration is 06/27/2021 which is the same as the end date on my current I797 (present employer). My last date with my present employer is 06/05/2020. Given my present employer will revoke my H1B on 06/05/2020. Does that make me out of status from 06/05/2020 till 04/21/2021. My start date with my new employer is 06/08/2020.

Please help

Thank you