Citizenship after divorce - employment based green card

Jitu_J

I am in the process of getting a divorce from my spouse and I applied for citizenship recently after consulting with a lawyer who has suggested that I should not face any problems due to the divorce. BUT, I wanted a second opinion (please be gentle with me) from the forum's members, so here goes:

1) I was the primary applicant on an EB-2 petition (Country of Birth: India) with a priority date of Jan 2011.

2) I got married to my husband in 2009 and he came on an H-4 visa (Country of Birth: Germany) in the same year.

3) We filed for our green cards and got them at the same time in June 2012, using the cross-chargeability rule. 

4) This year (2017), we decided to get an uncontested divorce (amicable) as our marriage was not working out. The process was stressful, but we parted in peace.

I have three questions with the situation at hand:

Q. 1) If somebody has been through a citizenship interview, could they shed some light on what questions that I might be asked, considering my unique (or not so unique) situation?

Q. 2) I have reviewed the USCIS website for documents and supporting evidence to take to the interview. Does anybody have any words of advice?

Q. 3) I have hired an immigration lawyer to be with me during the whole citizenship process and the interview process. It is not the Murthy firm, but should I have gone with them?

Regards,

Jitu.

Archived