H1B 221G - Administrative Process

jagadishr

Hi Experts,

I have given my H1B interview on 2nd May 2017. After waiting my whole day with chennai Counsulate  VO given a blue slip with one tick mark..

Ticked: "Additional administrative process is required to take final decision".

This is my sixth month no update on my case which is created on may 2nd 2017.

Still how much time process will take to update final decision?

Is there any other ways to approach to know the status on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadish

Hi Jagadishr,

Hope you doing good. Am also in the same boat. i have give the 221G by chennai consulate on May 24 2017 to submit some documents. Still no response and unfortunately no one can able to expedite the process i believe. How about your petition validity. please feel free to write me to my inbox, we can discuss more. 

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am working in US since 2011 for a direct employer and i came to visit my mother who has gone through heart surgery, myself and my family attended visa interview on 11 July 2011 at Hyderabad and got white slip asking for 15years of travel history, sibling details, i have replied to the email after that no response from them. Its been more than 4months now. Kids are missing school as they have come here in middle of the year in India where as kids just completed academic year in their school at US. For them its really getting hard to adjust as they started their schooling there in US and getting into a decent school is not possible as good schools are saying academic year is about to finish and they dont have seats.

please let me know if anyone has the similar issue.

Thanks

Annu

On 11/15/2017 at 8:56 AM, kiran436 said:

May I know what are the documents that you were asked?

No Documents are requested to me, to take final decision they went with administrative process.

They have asked Employer IT returns while interview time, i have provided.

No  documents they requested for me.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:45 AM, Raji-matics said:

Hi,

Did you get ny response from consulate ? is that your visa has approved ? am also in the same boat. Attended the interview on June 2nd and got 221g slip from chennai consulate.

Good uck.

Thanks,

Raj

I haven't get any response from Consulate. My visa is not yet approved. 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:23 PM, Raji-matics said:

Hi Jagadishr,

Hope you doing good. Am also in the same boat. i have give the 221G by chennai consulate on May 24 2017 to submit some documents. Still no response and unfortunately no one can able to expedite the process i believe. How about your petition validity. please feel free to write me to my inbox, we can discuss more. 

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Validity i have till 2019 feb, No idea still how much time it will take?

Archived