H1-B Visa Stamping - Job Title Change

Rameshwar Rao

Hi there,

I am planning to visit New Delhi, India next month for Visa stamping. I realized that my petition from 2015 has a job title as "Sr. Tech Ops Analyst" whereas my GC / i140 filed this year has "Sr. Data Analyst".
The reason when I checked with my immigration department, I got was that the job title was re-aligned per instructions they got from the corporate HR.
My immigration team mentioned that they would provide me a letter mentioning that the new job title is a result of company's effort to streamline Technology job title and my job has not changed materially.

I wanted to check with the group here that:
1. Would this  work and won't cause any issues for my Visa stamping?

Secondly, I wanted to know if anyone recently got their stamping done from New Delhi, Consulate, and how was their experience?

Thanks all in advance.

Regards,
RR

1. I dont have any recommendation on this as i personally never encountered this situation. If it was me, I would blindly follow my attorney's instructions. Since they are giving a letter, you should be good in my opinion.

2. I was in Delhi once in my life and stamping was really smooth. My stamping time was 11 and i reached there at 10 expecting to stand outside the consulate for an hour. To my surprise, they were already sending 11am appointments inside and so i got in. After finishing all the formalities, i was in front of the visa officer at sharp 11am. By 11.10 or so, i was outside. Delhi consulate is very organized. Good luck. 

4 hours ago, nmurthy said:

1. I dont have any recommendation on this as i personally never encountered this situation. If it was me, I would blindly follow my attorney's instructions. Since they are giving a letter, you should be good in my opinion.

2. I was in Delhi once in my life and stamping was really smooth. My stamping time was 11 and i reached there at 10 expecting to stand outside the consulate for an hour. To my surprise, they were already sending 11am appointments inside and so i got in. After finishing all the formalities, i was in front of the visa officer at sharp 11am. By 11.10 or so, i was outside. Delhi consulate is very organized. Good luck. 

Thank you nmurthy.

I guess it would be long back when you visited New Delhi consulate but looking at the storm what came with Trump, I am uncertain but also praying the things remain the way they were and it turns out to be an easy and successful experience.

Could you check with someone else who may know more about this or the the recent experience at New Delhi consulate?

My concern is what should I answer if they ask what is my role with the employer?

i went to Delhi for stamping in June 2016. It was just before trump era. My wife had a dropbox in chennai this year. Be it Trump or Obama or any other president, consulates are operated by Dept of State and they follow a set of rules and guidelines. The visa officers there are adjudicating your petition based on those rules and regulations.

Be confident, explain your role and functions as clearly as possible. Be polite, dress appropriately and enjoy your vacation. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Archived