I-94 shows admitted till June 2018

TUK

Hi,

I'm on L1B Visa and had sponsored my parents B2 Visa. They came to US in June 2017. Their I-94 shows admitted until June 2018. I was wondering whether they can stay until January or February 2018 as their I-94 shows June 2018? Also they may be visiting me again in July 2018, so if they extended their stay now till January or February, will there be any problem or questions asked at port of entry when they visit me again in June 2018? Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Uday

4 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Tourist visas cannot be sponsored. You mean you are paying for their stay. If they are visiting again next year make sure they leave within 6 months of the current entry and keep flight records. There is a post WEIMAR climate in the country and you should be wary.

I doubt that people who are not from Europe would understand "post Weimar"...

For people not familiar with it, Weimar Republic is a colloquial term for Germany from 1918 to 1933, when the Nazis, i.e., Hitler took power in Germany, which led to WW2. It seems as if history may repeat.

A bunch of issues in current Europe can be traced back to the failure of the Weimar Republic.

On 10/22/2017 at 2:56 PM, pontevecchio said:

Tourist visas cannot be sponsored. You mean you are paying for their stay. If they are visiting again next year make sure they leave within 6 months of the current entry and keep flight records. There is a post WEIMAR climate in the country and you should be wary.

You are right, I didn't sponsor their Visa but taking care of all their expenses while they are staying with me. I'm from India so WEIMAR may not be applicable to me. My question was as their I-94 shows admitted until June18 can I extend their stay until February18 and plan their next visit only after June18 but only for 3-4 months. Will this be an issue?

Archived