Travelling to US on B2 visa while GC application in process

Hello All,

My mom's GC application is in process - she is done with the interview and medical tests - but the embassy is waiting on the medical reports yet. They had asked for some test which takes 6-8 weeks. Embassy had told us that when they will get the tests they will inform us and we would have to submit our passport at the office locations given to us.

Do you think that she can come to the States in the meantime on her visitor visa and get the green-card stamping in the US? Or she should stay in India and get it done ?

Thank you !!!

2 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

You cannot get an Immigration visa in the USA. What tests are you talking about?

This looks like a medical check.

Way back when I did CP, they wanted an x-ray (TB check), and proof of MMR vaccination (which I didn't have, my parents didn't keep that, so I had to get the MMR shot...)

12 hours ago, ashima18 said:

Thank you for the responses.

She already has a visitor B2 visa. 

So does it mean that she should stay in India and get everything done and not mess her case up by travelling to US ??

It is best to avoid travel to the US until everything is done. I've seen people in front of me getting grilled at the POE in similar situations. Not something I would want to endure, much less would want my parents to endure after being on a plane for 12+ hours.

Archived