221g in Vancouver

gc038

4 hours ago, Sachin777 said:

You dint get any update yet?, what does your last case status update say?, I got 221g but got resolved in 2 days.

Nice :) ... For me the case status still shows appointment, and the DS-160 status still shows AP. There hasn't been any change since the interview day. Oct 2.

3 hours ago, Sam3895 said:

Does any of you have level 1 wage in LCA? If Yes, that could be the reason. Let us know If its not.

What does level 1 wage mean ? Does it depend on the position or the pay ? Where can you find this info ? 

I just checked my petition and my wage is on pretty much on the higher end of the required wage rate.

1 hour ago, venkatramrm@gmail.com said:

Whoever got 221g,

Is this Your 1st stamping after change of status ?

Like F1 to H1, L1 to H1 ?

Or just after H1 extension/ Transfer ?

No, this is my 2nd one. First one was a breeze. This is for H1 extension with the same company, and it's a pretty big american company. I had got a 221g first time for F-1 though. That was cleared off in 4-5 days.

Hi!

I am also stuck in Vancouver with 221g. I had my interview for a visa renewal on 6th Oct and VO collected I-797 and passport. But gave me 221g yellow slip. 

The website still shows "Administrative Processing" and I am still waiting for my passport. Its been 10 working days and still not update. :(

feeling very frustrated and helpless at this situation.

Fwiw, this is the 3rd time visa renewal but 1st time in Vancouver. All other times, I got it done in India.

14 hours ago, vj123 said:

Hi!

I am also stuck in Vancouver with 221g. I had my interview for a visa renewal on 6th Oct and VO collected I-797 and passport. But gave me 221g yellow slip. 

The website still shows "Administrative Processing" and I am still waiting for my passport. Its been 10 working days and still not update. :(

feeling very frustrated and helpless at this situation.

Fwiw, this is the 3rd time visa renewal but 1st time in Vancouver. All other times, I got it done in India.

Any docs asked after giving 221g? 

10 hours ago, Sachin777 said:

Any docs asked after giving 221g? 

I was asked for my resume, which I didn't have at that time. So, I emailed to the email address provided in the 221g form soon after the interview on the same day (10/06).

So for me-

case created: Oct 4th.

Interview on: Oct 6th

Case last updated: Oct 6th

No change after that. The ceac website shows " administrative processing"

1 hour ago, sunny256 said:

I'm visiting on 30th same as gates2017 ....do we think its better to proceed or wait ...?

221g and visa renewals depends on each case. Each case is unique. If you are confident in yourself go else donot. Thats simple as it is.... Please carry all documents and be confident thats all. There is no one waiting for you to give you visa stamp if they feel you donot deserve it or if they feel they need to do background check. If they feel you deserve they simply give you right away.. so there is no patter nothing..

10 hours ago, gates2017 said:

I am going for stamping in Vancouver next week, any pattern that you can see who got 221g's? FTE's, Consultants (EVC, EVVC)? 

1 hour ago, sunny256 said:

I'm visiting on 30th same as gates2017 ....do we think its better to proceed or wait ...?

Many people are getting the visas issued, but unfortunately they dont post their experiences here, the people who only post here the ones getting 221g's (which they arent too many) , just take all your docs with you, two ppl that I know of got 221g because they dint carry their resumes. Good Luck and dont forget to post your visa experiences.

1 hour ago, Sachin777 said:

Many people are getting the visas issued, but unfortunately they dont post their experiences here, the people who only post here the ones getting 221g's (which they arent too many) , just take all your docs with you, two ppl that I know of got 221g because they dint carry their resumes. Good Luck and dont forget to post your visa experiences.

I didnt get 221g because I didnt have resume. Every interview is different, we cant assume and conclude on 1-2 cases. If I think about my interview I feel they already flagged my case.

Archived