H4 Stamping

diner

Hi

I got my H1B stamped on my Canadian passport for 3 years from US consulate in London. Whereas, at the same time they approved only one year H4 visa (stamped on her passport) for my wife who has a Bangladeshi passport. Since my visa is valid for 3 years and my wife's visa stamp will expire soon,  My question is how my wife can get an H4 extension stamping (she needs stamping because she wants to travel outside US often) on her passport ? Can she travel to Canadian US consulate ( she has a PR status in Canada) and get a new extension stamp ? Also she should  apply for a new stamping (e.g. can she apply 6 months before her stamp expires) ?

On 10/19/2017 at 8:52 AM, diner said:

Hi

I got my H1B stamped on my Canadian passport for 3 years from US consulate in London. Whereas, at the same time they approved only one year H4 visa (stamped on her passport) for my wife who has a Bangladeshi passport. Since my visa is valid for 3 years and my wife's visa stamp will expire soon,  My question is how my wife can get an H4 extension stamping (she needs stamping because she wants to travel outside US often) on her passport ? Can she travel to Canadian US consulate ( she has a PR status in Canada) and get a new extension stamp ? Also she should  apply for a new stamping (e.g. can she apply 6 months before her stamp expires) ?

Yes, she can stamped in Canada. She can go early for stamping.

Archived