Visa Stamping while H1b amendment is pending

sankartcr

Hi,

I work for a product based company and my job is kind of travelling between various clients .

My previous approved I-797 petition is valid till May 2019. But my visa stamping got expired on Aug 2017. 

My client got changed in Aug 2017 and my new amendment is pending for the same client.

I am planning for a India trip by Dec 2017 due to unavoidable situation  and i have to go for stamping during the India trip. H1b amendment is strictly for changing the client information and its not applicable to any date extension.

1) Is it safe to go for stamping when h1b amendment is pending?

2) Can i use my previous approved petition for stamping purpose?

Please provide some inputs on the same. Thanks.

I kind of know which company you work for :) I am in the same Mon - Thursday industry. I have had 3 amendments in progress. 

In progress does not matter till its approved. 

Just go for stamping with the approved petition and only if asked tell them you have other amendments in progress. Carry receipt nos and the LCA's attached to those Amendments to show they are in progress. By law you can work even if they are in progress. that is why these companies do not apply Amendments in premium. If too worried I would expedite the amendment and stamp with the amended petition, I did not do that as my company did not pay for it, they asked us for the premium processing fee. 

17 hours ago, duistamping said:

I kind of know which company you work for :) I am in the same Mon - Thursday industry. I have had 3 amendments in progress. 

In progress does not matter till its approved. 

Just go for stamping with the approved petition and only if asked tell them you have other amendments in progress. Carry receipt nos and the LCA's attached to those Amendments to show they are in progress. By law you can work even if they are in progress. that is why these companies do not apply Amendments in premium. If too worried I would expedite the amendment and stamp with the amended petition, I did not do that as my company did not pay for it, they asked us for the premium processing fee. 

I am in same situation. Are you aware if highlighted procedure worked for anybody you know?! Will they ask more questions about amendment?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Hi Sankart, 

Could you please help me with below question. My H1B Amendment in progress but i do have i797 approved with my previous client and location. I have to visit India and need to go for stamping. So

Which receipt number I suppose to mention in DS 160 and Visa Stamping Stanley form? H1B Amendment receipt number or receipt number from previous approved i797?

FYi .... My company asked me to mention new receipt number in DS160 and visa appointment form but also in visa appointment form start date and experience date company ask me to mention from previous approved petition. This is making me confused.

Appreciate your help.

Archived