H1b DUI: 3 times Success Story 4th Upcoming

stampwithgrace

I believe in karma and the need to contribute to society in experiences you have been through. 

The experience of a DUI is probably the scariest one in the life of a non immigrant. One mistake and a life time of pain. 

I am writing this post to make a few of you feel a little better after you hear my experience. I also believe this is doing some good service in return of the stupid DUI mistake I did. Trust me I regret it even after 6 years. It haunts me every time I step out of this country and have to get back in which I do a lot due to work and pleasure. 20 + entries into the US in 6 years post DUI and a secondary inspection every single time. Not fun but its cleared every time. 

So here's my timeline. 

Before I start I request people who ask questions to also post the results after the stamping or any delays. 

Got arrested for DUI in 2011  50 meters before my apartment as I had a stupid flat tire. The cop came to help me and instead smelled alcohol and arrested me. The horror story starts after that. I left india 1 week after incident and had filled the form and marked No to arrest question as it was submitted before the incident.  

Stamping 1 Sept 2011 - Employer A Officer was surprised why I marked No then he realized I submitted the application before the DUI. Sent me for Panel in Mumbai to Lilavati Hospital - Asked to submit passport in 5 working days after the medical, got visa stamped. No report is ever handed to you. Your proof is the receipt and the 221 G letter. The 221 G letter clearly states which hospital to visit and mentioned to submit passport to a VFS office 5 working days after the incident. I did the same and got the visa. 

Stamping 2 June 2014 - Employer B New employer hence interview in Mumbai, I had marked the question as Yes and wrote the explanation, also wrote about the medical panel I did last time. Officer asked about DUI I reminded him I already did the Panel. He went behind and told me to do the medical again I asked why he said first was not done properly. This time it was done at Rele Clinic and it was actually much intense than the Lilavati one and also included going to a Physo and they took 12 photos from me. I think the the consulate changed the hospital and hence made people do medical again. I am guessing this. Same procedure as 1 though. 5 days after the stamping I submitted the passport and got the visa stamped. 

Stamping 3 Oct 2015- Employer B Same Employer - Dropbox eligible - Marked question as Yes - Wrote medical done in the text box which shows up - No issues - Stamp received in 4 days I guess. 

Stamping 4  Date TBD- Employer C Pending now. Will be dropping off the passport soon and this time its same Dropbox but change in Employer. I will post results when I get. fingers crossed and wish me luck. 

As mentioned I entered and exited the us 20 times after this and have been taken for Sec Inspection. Some airports its really quick some it took from 30 mins to 2 hours to get a clearance. No questions asked. They simply check if we are hardened criminals I guess. 

I have a dropbox submission soon and if you ask me if I am nervous then hell yes. I am absolutely nervous the thought of H1b stamping gives me sleepless nights and makes me think why the hell did I commit the stupid mistake 6 years ago. But I am hopeful this time as I have had a successful drop box before this and two normal interviews too. Been in the US for 12 years now so hopefully they will consider all that and make it easier. 

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE, ITS NOT WORTH IT. PARK YOUR CAR AND TAKE A UBER. NO MATTER HOW CONFIDENT YOU ARE. 

Good luck. I will update you all as and when I do the stamping in the coming months. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 9:29 PM, stampwithgrace said:

I believe in karma and the need to contribute to society in experiences you have been through. 

The experience of a DUI is probably the scariest one in the life of a non immigrant. One mistake and a life time of pain. 

I am writing this post to make a few of you feel a little better after you hear my experience. I also believe this is doing some good service in return of the stupid DUI mistake I did. Trust me I regret it even after 6 years. It haunts me every time I step out of this country and have to get back in which I do a lot due to work and pleasure. 20 + entries into the US in 6 years post DUI and a secondary inspection every single time. Not fun but its cleared every time. 

So here's my timeline. 

Before I start I request people who ask questions to also post the results after the stamping or any delays. 

Got arrested for DUI in 2011  50 meters before my apartment as I had a stupid flat tire. The cop came to help me and instead smelled alcohol and arrested me. The horror story starts after that. I left india 1 week after incident and had filled the form and marked No to arrest question as it was submitted before the incident.  

Stamping 1 Sept 2011 - Employer A Officer was surprised why I marked No then he realized I submitted the application before the DUI. Sent me for Panel in Mumbai to Lilavati Hospital - Asked to submit passport in 5 working days after the medical, got visa stamped. No report is ever handed to you. Your proof is the receipt and the 221 G letter. The 221 G letter clearly states which hospital to visit and mentioned to submit passport to a VFS office 5 working days after the incident. I did the same and got the visa. 

Stamping 2 June 2014 - Employer B New employer hence interview in Mumbai, I had marked the question as Yes and wrote the explanation, also wrote about the medical panel I did last time. Officer asked about DUI I reminded him I already did the Panel. He went behind and told me to do the medical again I asked why he said first was not done properly. This time it was done at Rele Clinic and it was actually much intense than the Lilavati one and also included going to a Physo and they took 12 photos from me. I think the the consulate changed the hospital and hence made people do medical again. I am guessing this. Same procedure as 1 though. 5 days after the stamping I submitted the passport and got the visa stamped. 

Stamping 3 Oct 2015- Employer B Same Employer - Dropbox eligible - Marked question as Yes - Wrote medical done in the text box which shows up - No issues - Stamp received in 4 days I guess. 

Stamping 4  Date TBD- Employer C Pending now. Will be dropping off the passport soon and this time its same Dropbox but change in Employer. I will post results when I get. fingers crossed and wish me luck. 

As mentioned I entered and exited the us 20 times after this and have been taken for Sec Inspection. Some airports its really quick some it took from 30 mins to 2 hours to get a clearance. No questions asked. They simply check if we are hardened criminals I guess. 

I have a dropbox submission soon and if you ask me if I am nervous then hell yes. I am absolutely nervous the thought of H1b stamping gives me sleepless nights and makes me think why the hell did I commit the stupid mistake 6 years ago. But I am hopeful this time as I have had a successful drop box before this and two normal interviews too. Been in the US for 12 years now so hopefully they will consider all that and make it easier. 

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE, ITS NOT WORTH IT. PARK YOUR CAR AND TAKE A UBER. NO MATTER HOW CONFIDENT YOU ARE. 

Good luck. I will update you all as and when I do the stamping in the coming months. 

When you say you marked the answer as yes on your DS160, are you referring to the arrest question or visa refusal question ? Arrest question is an obvious yes but I am not sure if my last visa stamping case counts as visa refusal. 

5 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

When you say you marked the answer as yes on your DS160, are you referring to the arrest question or visa refusal question ? Arrest question is an obvious yes but I am not sure if my last visa stamping case counts as visa refusal. 

No - Visa Refusal is No. 

As it was not refuses. I never mark that as Yes. 

Please post the results of your interview/ Dropbox when you finish it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I submitted passport on Friday 11/17/2017 for dropbox for the 4th time after DUI. 

Today I got message on ustraveldocs that passport is on the way but the ceac site says administrative processing. 

I think its a 221g or may be they are calling me in for a interview. 

Very nervous. I was supposed to fly back on Sunday. Looks like I may have to delay it. 

If I understand the system correctly ceac = Administrative Processing and Travel Docs - Return Passport seems like a 221 g and not a approval. 

Not sure what to do. I am now going to prepare for a interview. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Rocker 007 said:

Hi stampedwithgrace could you provide me your contact details i.e. email . How you managed to change the jobs. I need some guidance if possible please 

Thanks in advance

On 11/24/2017 at 11:54 PM, stampwithgrace said:

It was a successful 4th Stamping with a DUI. 

It was a dropbox submission but called in for a interview followed by a successful stamp. 

I will post the timeline soon. 

@stampwithgrace Could you Pm me please for guidance bro

Archived