rodu

Unlimited H1b extension based on previous Employer's Withdrawn (not revoked I140)

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I think this question has been asked many times. I have researched but there are not clear answers. If someone knows a definite answer, it will be great.

Let's say I140 is approved from Employer A and 180 days passed. As per new rule, the I140 can only be withdrawn by employer, it cannot be revoked.

The question is can I use this  I140 (withdrawn by employer A but not revoked) for filing unlimited H1b extensions/transfers/amendments with different employers till my priority date is current. Note that none of the employers ever starts a GC. They just keep using my original 140 (withdrawn by employer A but not revoked) for unlimited extension

Could someone pls throw some light. Many people of the opinion that it should not be possible as that will be a big loophole as how can someone keep extending H1b beyond 6 years without any employer willing to sponsor his GC

I 140 withdrawn or revoked has the end same result i.e You did not clear the gc 2nd stage. Without gc 2nd stage you cannot extend your h1b for unlimited times.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:36 PM, directory0818 said:

I 140 withdrawn or revoked has the end same result i.e You did not clear the gc 2nd stage. Without gc 2nd stage you cannot extend your h1b for unlimited times.

What do you mean by second stage? Can you please elaborate?

On 10/11/2017 at 9:36 PM, rodu said:

Hi,

I think this question has been asked many times. I have researched but there are not clear answers. If someone knows a definite answer, it will be great.

Let's say I140 is approved from Employer A and 180 days passed. As per new rule, the I140 can only be withdrawn by employer, it cannot be revoked.

The question is can I use this  I140 (withdrawn by employer A but not revoked) for filing unlimited H1b extensions/transfers/amendments with different employers till my priority date is current. Note that none of the employers ever starts a GC. They just keep using my original 140 (withdrawn by employer A but not revoked) for unlimited extension

Could someone pls throw some light. Many people of the opinion that it should not be possible as that will be a big loophole as how can someone keep extending H1b beyond 6 years without any employer willing to sponsor his GC

Were you able to find any details on these queries?