H1B: Out of Status for 1 and ½ months and found a new employer

Tust326

Hello

I am on my 9th year H1B, based on I-140 approval. Got laid off and I am past the 60 days grace period and 1 and ½ months out of status. I found and a new employer who has started the transfer process. I am couple of questions:

1.       What are my chances of getting a H1B transfer since I am 1 and ½ months out of status. What kind of a problem will I face?

2.       Has the premium process resumed?

3.       My wife’s (on H4) and my I-94 expires February 04 2018. In case if my H1 gets approved before my I-94 expiration, I have to leave the country immediately and get visa stamped. So I was wondering instead of applying extension for my wife while we are here, can I get extension and visa stamped at the consulate. By that way I can save some money. Its like getting a H4 visa for the first time. Hope I made the point clear.

I appreciate any response.

Thank you

At the rate the country is headed to, we can be in H1 for 20 year, nobody would give a damn. I dont know why you would stay past 60 days. IF extension gets approved, be prepared for a good reason. Out of status past 60 days will not be taken lightly. Consult with your attorney and Murthy attorneys as well.

Archived